The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex 2014 offer holders

Hi everyone!! who's going here in september?? please put your offer, your age and what you're studying :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mlabstudent
Hi everyone!! who's going here in september?? please put your offer, your age and what you're studying :smile:

Hi there! :smile: My name's Christina, and I'm 18, though I'll be 19 when I start at the University of Sussex as I'm currently taking a gap year. I have an unconditional offer (which I'm 99% sure I'll be firming) to study Mathematics with a Foundation Year :biggrin:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by 03hope03
Hi there! :smile: My name's Christina, and I'm 18, though I'll be 19 when I start at the University of Sussex as I'm currently taking a gap year. I have an unconditional offer (which I'm 99% sure I'll be firming) to study Mathematics with a Foundation Year :biggrin:

ahh great!! my offer's unconditional aswell :smile: where are you from?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
ahh great!! my offer's unconditional aswell :smile: where are you from?

Near Coventry in the West Midlands :smile: What about you? What course will you be doing?
Reply 4
ABB
I'm 18 now but should be 19 when I start I'm September
I applied for business management hopefully I can switch to economic with management :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hopefully going to Sussex! My name's Lucy and I'm 17 (will be 18 by September) and will be studying English
Reply 6
Original post by 03hope03
Near Coventry in the West Midlands :smile: What about you? What course will you be doing?

I'm from London and will be studying International Relations :smile:
Reply 7
Hey, I'm Kristina. I have an unconditional offer and I'll be studying international relations as well! I'm from Belize in the Caribbean x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hey, I'm Khushboo. I have an unconditional offer for Msc Developemnt Economics. I'm from India and 22 years old :smile:
Reply 9
why do you guys think they've been offering so many unconditional offers???
Reply 10
Well I originally received a conditional offer, met my condition and now it's been changed to unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
why do you guys think they've been offering so many unconditional offers???

Everyone who is predicted at least AAA at A level (or equivalent) is being given an unconditional this year :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by starryeyes1103
Everyone who is predicted at least AAA at A level (or equivalent) is being given an unconditional this year :smile:

I'm not sure how true that is. I met numerous people that were predicted AAA that applied to sussex and with the recent letters going out, the letter some were receiving was not the unconditional one, but the reduced conditional offer from AAA / AAB to ABB, if firmed.

With the inflation of predicted grades, it would be a poor decision by the uni to just flat-out say everyone predicted AAA is receiving an unconditional offer, I'm sure the university looks into other factors than predicted results. Otherwise students who applied to Sussex's subjects which had a entry requirement of AAA would literally all be receiving unconditionals, according to your comment. However, i'm not going to pretend I have some insider info into the sussex admissions process, so maybe i'm wrong.

In regards to this thread atleast, 3/4 of the people reporting their unconditionals are either gap year students or students which have already completed the required examinations to enter sussex anyway, afaik.
My sister's got the unconditional for Sussex if she firms it. I'm not sure if she's going there, but her course is Law: AAA
She's 17. And her predicted grade's are: A*A*A
Reply 14
Hey I'm 20, (21 in September) and hold a Conditional to study Marketing and Management with a placement year (ABB) anyone else doing similar? :smile:
Original post by j3pmorgan
I'm not sure how true that is. I met numerous people that were predicted AAA that applied to sussex and with the recent letters going out, the letter some were receiving was not the unconditional one, but the reduced conditional offer from AAA / AAB to ABB, if firmed.

With the inflation of predicted grades, it would be a poor decision by the uni to just flat-out say everyone predicted AAA is receiving an unconditional offer, I'm sure the university looks into other factors than predicted results. Otherwise students who applied to Sussex's subjects which had a entry requirement of AAA would literally all be receiving unconditionals, according to your comment. However, i'm not going to pretend I have some insider info into the sussex admissions process, so maybe i'm wrong.

In regards to this thread atleast, 3/4 of the people reporting their unconditionals are either gap year students or students which have already completed the required examinations to enter sussex anyway, afaik.

I got told the 3As thing at one of the applicant open days so I just assumed it was right - I hadn't realised some people were only getting reduced offers though. I think the letter I got said something about it being based on my academic record, so I'd assume they might have been taking GCSEs, etc, into account as well so perhaps that somehow made a difference?
As I am taking a gap year I have received unconditional offers for Psychology from both Exeter and Sussex university. I have always chose Sussex over Exeter as it offers a year studying in America - something I have always wanted to do!
However with the drop in league tables and Exeter being a Russell Group uni I am not sure if I am making the right decision?!
Anyone have any advice please?!
Hey all!

I've got an Unconditional for Computing for Digital Media, looking forward to heading off in September xD Just looking at what accomodation I wanna go into :biggrin:

Matt x
Reply 18
Heya!

I've got an unconditional offer for Sociology and Media Studies!
So excited about the university and Brighton, but still waiting to hear back from a couple of other universities.

Would love to know if anyone else has firmed this course! Hope you're all excited about starting uni, I can't wait :9

x
Reply 19
Hey guys. I know its a little early to be thinking about accommodation but I kind of want to be organised as its quite important to me that my accommodation is right. Basically I want an ensuite (like Lewes court phase 2 or northfield) but also want a really sociable halls, (I don't mean crazy, druggy parties but just a fun halls with nice, outgoing people). I've heard that the expensive ensuite halls have loads of older or international students in them, is that true? And if so does this mean that they're more quiet? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest