The Student Room Group

RAF-still not got PRTC or RTC date

Just wondering what the timescales are for receiving your dates. Passed my PJFT a month ago and still not heard anything from the AFCO. Im going for Gen tech electrical. Rang them about 2 weeks ago and said I had been made pending but shouldnt be too long before I get dates but still not heard anything.

Whats the average time everyone else had to wait for their dates?
Reply 1
Mine took 4 weeks but that was over christmas. The norm is about 2-3 weeks dependant on how quick the gym were to send results.
Reply 2
I've been waiting 3 weeks for my date. Was told that your date for PRTC depends on your role and they work it back from when the intake date for the role.
Hopefully won't be waiting too much longer now!!!
Reply 3
Yeh i've heard that if your role isn't open u can wait up to 12 months for prtc. Hope this isn't the case for you.
Let us know when u get ur dates.
Reply 4
I think it's trade dependant as well I.E how much the raf needs your trade. For example suppliers and SEF are pinchpoint trades so they go first. Just a case of waiting it out mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Just as reassurance to you, and myself. I'm also a gen tech e waiting for my PRTC. I passed my PJFT early January. I've rang up and been told the same, I'm pending and the dates are 'to be confirmed'
Reply 6
Original post by JParkerJ
Just as reassurance to you, and myself. I'm also a gen tech e waiting for my PRTC. I passed my PJFT early January. I've rang up and been told the same, I'm pending and the dates are 'to be confirmed'

Thats sound mate. Yeah passed mine early jan and still waiting. taking a long time to get dates through isnt it. Can see it taking quite a while if im honest for Gen tech but hope not
Reply 7
Right then boys even though I have my dates. My dad (also in the raf) rang the AFCO to try get my basic training moved toward a month as they will be on holiday when I pass out. And basically your basic training has to correspond with your trade training, meaning the raf don't want you waiting ages to get on a trade training course once you pass out. The reason you may be waiting a while is because they may only do a few trade training courses a year for your trade so you might be waiting a little while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Rhys_Mayes
Right then boys even though I have my dates. My dad (also in the raf) rang the AFCO to try get my basic training moved toward a month as they will be on holiday when I pass out. And basically your basic training has to correspond with your trade training, meaning the raf don't want you waiting ages to get on a trade training course once you pass out. The reason you may be waiting a while is because they may only do a few trade training courses a year for your trade so you might be waiting a little while

Did you get it moved forward then? My basic starts on the 11 june so i guess that will clash with summer leave i take it so will have to pass out after leave if everything goes alright. Had to wait 7 weeks to get my dates
Reply 9
He is gonna phone Halton this week as he knows somebody that does part of supply training and ask when the courses are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I've been told I'm pending for the June 14th intakes. I was told a month ago that I'd be contacted in a couple of months with confirmed dates. It's just all an anxious waiting game

Quick Reply

Latest