The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lianaist
You're not serious :|

Honest :biggrin:.

Original post by Precious Illusions
My school was the same hahahah. Then when I was in like year 9 they brought in the summer uniform which was just a blue polo with the school badge on it.

This is about my old secondary school lmao:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388596/Boy-unable-wear-blazer-kicked-class-Ofsted-inspection-wasnt-wearing-correct-uniform.html

The picture makes me lol for some reason :biggrin:.
Reply 61
Original post by Wilfred Little

The picture makes me lol for some reason :biggrin:.

lmao. Yeah it's such a silly story.

I know another lad who said when he was at school, after PE the teacher used to make them line up in the showers and 1 by 1 he would touch their private parts to check they were 'soapy enough' :biggrin:, apparently he'd sit on a chair and watch them all as well.

also wtf :lolwut:
Original post by OU Student
This happened at my school too. They claimed they have a no bluyying policy.:mad: Did once tell a teacher I was getting bullied and just laughed at. How mature.:rolleyes:

Yeah they are useless. It happened a couple of times but that one was particularly bad & one sided, the lad was left slumped on the table with blood pissing out of his face.
Reply 63
PE teachers who made us play football outside in -10 heavy snow with bare shorts, few people got sent home ill.
At my primary school, the girls were only allowed to wear knee high socks and skirts - tights and trousers were not allowed. I left that school in year 3, but my Mum still spoke to some of the other mum's from the school. One said that her daughter was being bullied in like year 6 because she'd started to grow leg hair and didn't want to start shaving at 10 years old, but wasn't allowed to wear tights or trousers so couldn't cover it.

You could NOT wear jogging bottoms for PE at that school either, only shorts which was ****ing awful in winter.

Again at that school, I have extremely sensitive skin, and at one point ALL we were doing was cutting and gluing. My hands came out in horrible rashes which my doctor suggested could be due to the constant usage of glue. My mum spoke to my teacher - my teacher's response was basically "and?", so I had to wear latex gloves to do it...which was awkward as hell and she refused to help or just allow me to not do it. It was such pointless busywork too - her and my mum ended up having a massive argument, one of the reasons I left that school.

My brother had quite messy handwriting and you weren't allowed to use a pen until they deemed your handwriting "good enough". My Mum talked to my brother's teacher as it seemed like he was never going to be allowed to use a pen, and the teacher gave some ****e analogy about students being donkeys and the pens being carrots...just wat.

Also the whole thing about having perfect joint handwriting - did that ever annoy anyone else? I hated how we were all forced to write a certain way.

It annoyed me, but I think it's necessary to teach people to write properly. I regret not practising my handwriting more as I'm now pretty much stuck with my **** handwriting.
Reply 65
and my female PE teacher was actually smoking hot.

Giggity.

Original post by StrangestThings
My second replacement chemistry teacher used to cry all the time.

I'm guessing yours were all joke answers, but one of my English teachers also cried all the time.
Original post by ddaappoo
maths teacher used his penis for a ruler when i forgot mine.
i hated being homeschooled!

How often do you forget your penis?
lmao. Yeah it's such a silly story.

His face and the fact he's deliberately drawn attention to the injury. Reminds me of a benefits cheat giving it the 'oooh I'm so very hurt' in case someone from the Jobcentre is watching.

also wtf :lolwut:

I know. To be fair he laughs about it.
Reply 68
Original post by ThatPerson
It annoyed me, but I think it's necessary to teach people to write properly. I regret not practising my handwriting more as I'm now pretty much stuck with my **** handwriting.

Yeah I agree, but (at my first primary school anyway) they were SO strict. Like if you didn't write a certain letter a certain way you had to restart :lolwut:

His face and the fact he's deliberately drawn attention to the injury. Reminds me of a benefits cheat giving it the 'oooh I'm so very hurt' in case someone from the Jobcentre is watching.

I know. To be fair he laughs about it.

lmao true, really hamming it up :lol:

Who, the teacher laughs about it? :erm:
Original post by kumon
When they called the black boy in class "you cheeky monkey"
and the Chinese "Open your eyes wider hahaha"
How can they say such things?!!

Trust you to say something about chinese people after opening a thread saying how you want asian friends.
In Primary School I was dragged down the stairs by teachers and held by the legs and arms to lock me in a room to keep me away from other kids and quiet. I had autism and I don't think they knew how to handle me properly. I spent the majority of my breaks sat in the head teachers office being blamed for bullying when really I was just responding to the constant bullying I got dished as a kid for being over weight. The Primary School didn't know how to handle **** at all and secondary school the first two years reflected the attitudes of my primary school. I never got in trouble when I was older because I didn't do things wrong, as a child it was the school not understanding what was going on that made me have a bad record and constantly in trouble. At sixth form im in the top set of the college.

At Primary there was also a meeting about kicking me out and sending me to a school for special needs kids because, I quote. "Kids like that shouldn't be allowed around our children." all because this girls sister accused me of hitting her when I never did, she just wanted attention and hated that her sister was giving me attention because she was my friend and not hers.
Reply 71
In primary they made us do PE in our knickers if we forgot our PE kits.
We had these "chance to dance" people come in and they recruited children to join the ballot team in the local area; the fat children were made to sit on the side.
A girl was heavily bullied and an art teacher told her to grow a pair.
This may seem petty but our school made us sit a short course citizenship GCSE and told us a week before the exam, like WTH.
We had an english teacher that tried to encourage us to sign a petition to stop her getting fired by telling us about her depressing family life. she was a crap teacher. We said no. She got fired.
(edited 10 years ago)
My English teacher at my first secondary used to go and cry in the cupboard during the lesson and once she walked out of the school and didn't come back for a few hours. Can remember being 11 and watching Green Mile in her lesson, was a little scarred by that film.. My other English teacher used to allow utter chaos and spent more time outside smoking than inside teaching.

In my RE lessons people used to run up and down the tables and once a girl sat throwing bibles around (one nearly went through the TV). Overall, yeah... my school was crap :redface:
Reply 73
Original post by StrangestThings
My chemistry teacher was arrested for selling drugs to students.

Was it crystal meth?

My electronics teacher was rumored to have been fired for showing his penis to a girl... He was a right weirdo.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm guessing yours were all joke answers, but one of my English teachers also cried all the time.

What do you mean joke answers? They all happened. But yeah we were always on edge when we had his lessons. I once asked him a question and he just started crying and walked out of the classroom. :s-smilie:

I don't think he had depression or anything because my mum is friends with his wife and she never mentions anything about it to her.
Original post by ZackHa
Was it crystal meth?

My electronics teacher was rumored to have been fired for showing his penis to a girl... He was a right weirdo.

Haha no. It was cocaine, we always joked about her being a druggy but never actually believed it until we saw it in the newspapers.

I once said that the work was confusing to a friend and she stopped what she was doing and screamed at me saying that I shouldn't go saying stuff about her to other people and that she foresaw me causing trouble in the future, she then made me leave.
Reply 76
Original post by YourDeath
Trust you to say something about chinese people after opening a thread saying how you want asian friends.

I didn't say that, the teacher did, I was showing how racist she was. You failed at reading that.
Reply 77
Classes, particularly religion classes, where you just watched a Simpsons episode (or that Rugrats one). Great at the time, but looking back that is just so bad.
It used to make me laugh when someone in the class would ask if they could go to the toilet and the teacher would reply with "Why didn't you go earlier?" Ummm maybe cos they didn't need to go earlier! x
Reply 79
Changing in front of boys and male teacher all the way up to year six. It used to make me really uncomfortable and I got made fun of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest