The Student Room Group

Carpe Vinum boards the gain train

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
This

Has been to the gym barely passing for alive crew

Gainz are made whether you're feeling it or not

Tbh when I feel hungover I quite often shift decent PBs.. carb loading ftw

Very true, can feel incredibly energetic the day after heavy drinking if also a little nauseous.

Felt terrible today after 2.5 hours sleep but took some caffeine and went in anyway, set some bench PRs...Gainz are made at random times whether you are feeling good or bad so may as well go in anyway.
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Lool hey I didn't say I'm waiting till next academic year to go to the gym again! I'm going to go as soon as I can! :sad:

Exactly what has stopped you for so long? By your own admission you have the time to walk the dog for hours a day...so you have the time for an hour long gym session.

But hey, you're only letting yourself down :wink:.
Reply 62
Original post by In One Ear
Exactly what has stopped you for so long? By your own admission you have the time to walk the dog for hours a day...so you have the time for an hour long gym session.

But hey, you're only letting yourself down :wink:.

I've been looking after the dog on my own. He can't be left alone for long because he's too young.

I'm not letting myself down, I'm still getting exercise :dontknow:
Reply 63
Not good, Carpe Vinum, not good!

A few days to sleep it off? What sort of decrepit old person are you?! Go sleep 12 hours tonight and hit the gym tomorrow!

You cannot be waiting until next academic year and the uni gym to actually go to the gym...think of all the lost gainzzz!

this made me lol, think i saw you call someone else out too on another blog. You are like the lifting conscience of TSR, just looking after the gains. Words of wisdom though

Hows your puppy doing?! I remember getting mine and she was a handful at first, didnt know what walkies were, first few months I had to carry her home/around the block. Its what I imagine having a baby is like (lol) as they are so dependent on you. Buttt you should still lift - see it as your escape from the world of dog
First gym session in over 3 weeks. I lost all motivation during that time! But I pushed myself to go today. Just did cardio to get me back into the swing of things. 45 minutes on the elliptical on resistance 20, burned about 550 calories, if you can trust that. Then I walked home (25 mins).

Aiming to do 2 or 3 gym sessions a week. Still walking the dog twice a day for an hour to an hour and a half each walk. But he's sprained his leg so won't be walking him the next couple of days.

Original post by Amskyr
this made me lol, think i saw you call someone else out too on another blog. You are like the lifting conscience of TSR, just looking after the gains. Words of wisdom though

Hows your puppy doing?! I remember getting mine and she was a handful at first, didnt know what walkies were, first few months I had to carry her home/around the block. Its what I imagine having a baby is like (lol) as they are so dependent on you. Buttt you should still lift - see it as your escape from the world of dog

Omg I never saw this lol. He's 4 months now so I've been walking him properly about 4 weeks now :awesome: The first 5 weeks were chaos due to not being able to take him for walks. He wrecked the place :lol: but I love him to bits, he's an absolute cutie :love:

Will start lifting again this week :smile:
First gym session in over 3 weeks. I lost all motivation during that time! But I pushed myself to go today. Just did cardio to get me back into the swing of things. 45 minutes on the elliptical on resistance 20, burned about 550 calories, if you can trust that.

You can't, but good job getting in the gym anyway. Just being there is an important part of forming the habit.

Aiming to do 2 or 3 gym sessions a week. Still walking the dog twice a day for an hour to an hour and a half each walk. But he's sprained his leg so won't be walking him the next couple of days.

Omg I never saw this lol. He's 4 months now so I've been walking him properly about 4 weeks now :awesome: The first 5 weeks were chaos due to not being able to take him for walks. He wrecked the place :lol: but I love him to bits, he's an absolute cutie :love:

Will start lifting again this week :smile:

Amskyr's dog is still mental at a good few years old now. She'll bury her head into the floor, then contort her body as if she's trying to morph through the solid ground. The dog does some pretty weird stuff, too.

LIFT.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You can't, but good job getting in the gym anyway. Just being there is an important part of forming the habit.

Amskyr's dog is still mental at a good few years old now. She'll bury her head into the floor, then contort her body as if she's trying to morph through the solid ground. The dog does some pretty weird stuff, too.

LIFT.

:rofl:

My dog went mental on my bf when I left him with him for 5 minutes. Then acted all innocent when I came back :lol:

I WILL.
Why haven't watched this yet?

In 2 watch 4 gainz
Original post by Slowbro93
Why haven't watched this yet?

In 2 watch 4 gainz

Cuz I'm very bad at updating :lol:

:teeth:
I'm back. I haven't died.

Soooo after a long-ass break, I recently started up again with fitness + lifting (I'm also now a uni student wooooo). So I joined my campus gym and swimming pool. Oh and I also joined the women's rugby team. So the general plan is:

Monday: gym (am), rugby training (pm)
Tuesday: swim
Wednesday: rugby training (pm)
Thursday: gym/swim
Friday: gym/swim/fitness in park with rugby lot
Saturday: gym/swim
Sunday: rugby match (training when there's no match)

Out of the gym sessions I'm going to try and do minimum 2 lifting sessions a week, 3 optimistically. But rugby training is utterly exhausting (6 till 9 last night) so I don't want to completely wear myself out, cuz obviously I have a degree to study for.

My current lifts:

Spoiler

As for body-wise, I've more or less maintained this year but have gone down a bit. All the fresher's alcohol and junk food hasn't been great but I'm more or less back to healthy eating most of the time so hopefully the weight will slowly keep creeping off. Just happy I haven't gained anything really! I'm pretty happy with how I look but another stone or so is my goal.

Just for reference (sorry for awkward posing, and yes I am aware I am far from skinny but that's not my aim). also why the hell are these pics so big
(edited 8 years ago)
Well I was supposed to have rugby training today but I woke up barely being able to move. Everything aches. Think I'll go for a swim tomorrow.
Decided to gym it despite the all-over aching.

DL
30x5
40x5
45x3
50x3
40x3

These didn't feel great. I think my form has become a bit shoddy. Need to work on it.

Bench

20x5
25x5

These were good. Gonna try 30x5 next time.

Assisted dips
2x5
Assisted pull-ups
2x5

(Gradually decreasing the assisted weight, feels good.)

Plus some seated rows (40x5x2) and some cardio. Good session, except my back twinges a bit now.
King's is treating you well I see :tongue:
Original post by Slowbro93
King's is treating you well I see :tongue:

Loving it :awesome:
Nice.
Didn't have time for workout today or yesterday. Got my first ever rugby match tomorrow which I'm extremely excited about but also ****ting myself. Monday will probably be squats if my arse isn't completely sore.
Squats

20x10
30x5
40x5
45x5. I did say I was gonna go up to 50x5, and I reckon I could've. I just couldn't be bothered. Did a bit of cardio too but generally just wasn't feeling it today.

Also had 1.5 hour rugby practise this evening and that's gonna hurt in the morning.

Taking a break tomorrow. Got another match on Wednesday. Then probably deadlift and bench on Thursday.
Uh oh. And this is why playing rugby is not a good idea for continued gains :wink: :tongue:.

(RUGBY HAS CRIPPLED HER ALREADY!!)
Uh oh. And this is why playing rugby is not a good idea for continued gains :wink: :tongue:.

(RUGBY HAS CRIPPLED HER ALREADY!!)

Haha, been fb stalking me have you? :tongue:

Yes indeed, I'm crippled due to rugby. Second ever game, 10 minutes in, got my foot ****ed up. I'm gonna blame the beast on the other team falling on my foot.

Appaaaarently it's not fractured, but it's sheer agony so I'm out of action for a while. Hopefully the bruising will go down within a week or so and I'll be able to do at least upper body in the gym.

Why does this happen to me.

PS rugby is awesome don't let anyone say otherwise.

I mean where else would I get these beautiful bruises
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha, been fb stalking me have you? :tongue:

Yes indeed, I'm crippled due to rugby. Second ever game, 10 minutes in, got my foot ****ed up. I'm gonna blame the beast on the other team falling on my foot.

Appaaaarently it's not fractured, but it's sheer agony so I'm out of action for a while. Hopefully the bruising will go down within a week or so and I'll be able to do at least upper body in the gym.

Why does this happen to me.

PS rugby is awesome don't let anyone say otherwise.

I mean where else would I get these beautiful bruises

Spoiler

Haha, you post/are tagged in so many pictures its unreal- always popping up on my feed! :tongue:

Hmmm, think I'm happy passing on the bruises and the pain :tongue:!

Quick Reply

Latest