The Student Room Group

MET Office Internship 2014

Hey, has anyone applied for the internship at the MET Office this year? If so what have you applied for? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile: I've applied too - for forecasting service delivery, observations service R&D and applied weather science - how about you?
Reply 2
Original post by charlibigg
Hi :smile: I've applied too - for forecasting service delivery, observations service R&D and applied weather science - how about you?

Cool :smile: I've applied for the Government Climate Programmes one, the Travel one and International Relations :smile:

Just logged in now and it says one of them (Government Climate Programmes) is 'in process', whereas the rest of my application is 'open'.... has this happened to you? Maybe it means they've started considering us haha
Reply 3
Hi guys, I have too. I've applied for flood forecasting, service delivery and observations R&D. What education are you both at?
Reply 4
Original post by Jamez8881
Hi guys, I have too. I've applied for flood forecasting, service delivery and observations R&D. What education are you both at?

Hey :smile: First year studying geography at uni, you?
Reply 5
Oh cool! I'm doing a meteorology and climate degree at Reading :smile: - 2nd year.
Reply 6
Hey! I've applied for the service delivery role and the customer service one related to it and I have an interview on tuesday for my first choice :smile:
Reply 7
Good luck, Could you please let me know what type of questions they ask. I have an interview for International business development
Reply 8
Hey! I've got an interview for International Relations and am also interested in the sorts of questions they ask - don't really like dealing with unknowns, haha.

Hope it goes well for you guys!
Reply 9
Original post by Bulbasaur
Hey, has anyone applied for the internship at the MET Office this year? If so what have you applied for? :smile:

I'm a 4th year undergrad studying physics, and I've applied for Climate Science - Ocean, Cryosphere & Dangerous Climate Change, but got rejected 3 weeks ago :frown: They did say they will be in touch following my other choices, which were Weather Science - Gridded Post Processing, and Weather Science - Ocean Forecast Verification Team OFR&D, so it would be good if others let me know if they heard anything back from those!
Reply 10
Hey, I've got an offer for the placement. Is anyone else gonna be there this summer?
Reply 11
Yeah I'm going to be there in the International Relations team! You?
Reply 12
Original post by mkl7

Hey! Congrats on getting a placement 😄 I'm going to be there too in the forecasting and service delivery management team! I'm thinking about setting up a Facebook group too which would definitely be a lot easier than here 😄
Alice
Reply 13
Hey that's a brilliant idea - definitely easier! Would you like to set up one then? I spied a bit and all the other years' placements have been called "Met Office Summer Placement 2013" etc. :smile:

And a big congratulations to you too!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by mkl7

No way! Me too. Guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other!
Reply 15
Original post by mkl7
Hey that's a brilliant idea - definitely easier! Would you like to set up one then? I spied a bit and all the other years' placements have been called "Met Office Summer Placement 2013" etc. :smile:

And a big congratulations to you too!

Just tried setting one up and I need to have a friend to join the group with, so if you both want to add me on facebook then we can set one up?
https://www.facebook.com/alice.hickman.7
Alice :smile:
Reply 16
Hey everyone, I've set up the group now :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/857228967636026/
Reply 17
Original post by shj
No way! Me too. Guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other!

Oh that's wonderful! I don't know why but for some reason I was under the impression that they might have only one person per team but it's definitely more fun to have another intern there as well to share the experience! :smile: If you're on Facebook Alice just created a group so we can get to know each other in advance. And see you in Exeter in a few months!
Reply 18
Original post by mkl7
Oh that's wonderful! I don't know why but for some reason I was under the impression that they might have only one person per team but it's definitely more fun to have another intern there as well to share the experience! :smile: If you're on Facebook Alice just created a group so we can get to know each other in advance. And see you in Exeter in a few months!

Haha, I actually got rejected at first then they e-mailed to say another placement had opened up - sort of thing you don't really expect to happen! Requested to join the group - looking forward to meeting you :smile:
S'up Folks. I am going to be joining you all down in Exeter this summer too! I found the Facebook group on Friday but I see everyone is introducing themselves here instead.

I'm going to be in the Ocean Forecast verification team (sorry rclement1 :'( ), and I'm a 3rd year Geophysics and Meteorology student at Edinburgh Uni. Any other Scots gonna be joining me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending