The Student Room Group

Do you let your cat/dog sleep on your bed with you?

My 2 cats sleep on the bed with me and my partner every night and when I lived with my mum, my other cat and my Yorkie slept on the bed with me too. I would find it weird not to have an animal lying cuddled into my feet now lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yasmin25
My 2 cats sleep on the bed with me and my partner every night and when I lived with my mum, my other cat and my Yorkie slept on the bed with me too. I would find it weird not to have an animal lying cuddled into my feet now lol.

My cats sleep on the same bed as me when I'm at home (can't have them in uni halls!)
Reply 2
Mine is a kitten and she just wants to scratch the hell outta us right now :frown: but when she's a bit older then yeah she can sleep in the bed :smile:
My dog's not allowed upstairs so no. But she's a golden retriever so if we did let her on the bed there wouldn't be room for me! Last summer I had to sleep on an airbed downstairs for a week and Daisy loved it, she would sleep on it all day. I did try and sleep on it with her one night but she kept moving and was a pain in the ass so I kicked her out.
No I wouldn't let them as I'm allergic to them
Reply 5
Here's my two wee bed hogs - Rambo and Nibbler :smile: 1175225_10200912315422970_1235915284_n.jpg and my cat and dog keeping my old bed warm for me at my mum's lol- 17042010090.jpg
N'awwww :smile:

My two fluffies sleep wherever they like as we live in a studio. Socks is usually in a cardboard box, on the sofa or in the cat tree and Tigger is usually on top of the wardrobe or on the sofa. They sleep on the bed either when we aren't in or at my feet :h:
Reply 7
I use to let my jack russel come up, but she was too hyperactive and you couldnt get any sleep :tongue: lol
Reply 8
I hate when people say "Its unhygienic to let a pet sleep on your bed!" ...yet you let a human sleep beside you every night? Tbh, my cats smell better than my bf most of the time lmao.
yes mine sleep on my bed :smile:
Reply 10
One of our cats is perfect for sleeping in the bed. Just stays still for most the night & usually tries to cuddle up :smile: Although she does like to take up a lot of space, which causes arguments with me & the GF because apparently I respect our cat's space more than my GF's.

The other cat is an absolute pain in the arse. She can't just sit still, she'll come right up to your face so you can smell her stinky breath and tickle you with her whiskers. She won't stay still unless she's constantly being stroked, so that's obviously not possible.
Here's my two wee bed hogs - Rambo and Nibbler :smile: 1175225_10200912315422970_1235915284_n.jpg and my cat and dog keeping my old bed warm for me at my mum's lol- 17042010090.jpg

aww very cute :smile:
Reply 12
I wouldn't mind my dog in my bed every night but my dad doesn't let her upstairs or on the furniture.

Plus she moults like **** so her fur would go all over.
Reply 13
my labrador isn't allowed upstairs but my cat sleeps on my pillow
my cat stays for about half an hour in our bed every night for a cuddle. she has her own bed/blanket in the sofa in our room and she sleeps there for most of the night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Melts* :biggrin:

Mine sleep on my bed all the time lol, it's adorable!
Reply 16
550973_215971108523844_939656693_n.jpg

He used to sleep on my bed with me but i got fed up with him leaving a coats worth of hair behind every time lol
No, he doesn't sleep with me.

I sleep with him, literally no room. I have to sleep width-ways haha
Reply 18

My cat Chloe (RIP) used to come and lie on my bed every night for 4 years until i moved upstairs to a different room. She'd lie there for about an hour then when i'd fell asleep she'd leave and go downstairs. On the rare nights i wanted to be left alone if i closed my bedroom door she'd sit outside it and cry until i let her in :redface:
Reply 19
I wouldn't mind my cat sleeping on my bed with me, but she's very particular in where she sleeps, such as right up by the pillow so we both couldn't share it. She normally curls up on my Uni bag if it's on the floor, or the sofa.

Or she occasionally gets in the bag.

2013-12-01 14.46.18.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest