The Student Room Group

Do you have any chonic illness or are you illness free?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hypermobility syndrome, eczema, and mild astigmatism.
Reply 21
Original post by lyrical_lie
Hypothyroidism yay.

Me too! :frown:

Me too!

(Also have a peanut allergy, mild eczema and an abnormally large penis although i'm not whether that counts as an ilness per se.)
Reply 24
Osteoarthritis and Multiple Osteochondromatosis, im only 26 and ache like a old person :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Does very severe myopia count? Guess I've been quite lucky, must be awful for you guys to be suffering with stuff like that
Original post by luckylaurax
Crohn's Disease

wooo, same. And I also have arthritis which is pretty much controlled by the crohn's drugs
Reply 27
Endometriosis, Myopia and a yet to be diagnosed pulmonary condition.
ME/CFS.

Arthritis in my knees.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Hypothyroidism here. On 100mcg of levythyroxine and don't really notice much of a difference (not that I noticed many symptoms in the first place).
Original post by Jonzky
Hypothyroidism here. On 100mcg of levythyroxine and don't really notice much of a difference (not that I noticed many symptoms in the first place).

I haven't noticed any difference either and I'm on 100 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by feathergirl
wooo, same. And I also have arthritis which is pretty much controlled by the crohn's drugs

Yeah, same in my ankles, the steroids stop the pain though although I gain so much weight on them :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Err, or before you go switching to a drug that is 10x more expensive, they could try increasing the current dose, seeing as normal maintenance is anywhere between 100-200 micrograms.

I don't know what your background is, but you post some right *******s about drugs.
(edited 10 years ago)
And what does it cost the NHS?

(PROTIP: Levothyroxine costs £1 for 28x100mcg, triiodothyronine costs £13 for 28x100mcg)
(edited 10 years ago)
Why are people saying myopia? It's not an illness and unless you have a high prescription, it's not serious.
Well, yes. It is her problem. Just as it is yours and my problem. You're incredibly naive if you think it isn't.

Do you think she might be asymptomatic with a deiodinase deficiency?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Yasmin25
GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and recurrent migraines. I get up to 3 migraines a week typically. Had every test under the sun done and the docs can't find anything wrong so I've just to grin and bear them with strong painkillers and meds.

I clicked on this thread to add my GAD and migraines to the list and was surprised to see this because it's exactly what I suffer from. My migraines are the vertigo/dizziness kind that don't always come with a blinding headache (although they can do), the main symptom for me is losing balance and a lot of nausea and eye problems. Migraines definitely don't help GAD, I'm pretty sure they were the cause for mine, and it seems to be a vicious circle in that anxiety causes migraines and migraine symptoms cause anxiety. It's kind of reassuring to find someone else with the same two conditions that I have, as it's sometimes lonely to find other people who deal with anxiety but who don't have something like migraines that change the way you have to cope with/manage the condition.
Snapping hip syndrome +/- sciatica - the main issue is not being able to sleep at night. During the day I'm okay as can ignore the pain.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have Anaemia but its not too bad, it runs in our family... I only found out I was anaemic when I gave blood just before christmas, I passed out and the nurses said I was anaemic, wouldn't stop me donatig blood again though :smile:
My boyfriend also has type 1 diabetes, he developed it when he was about 11 or 12, he is 18 now and its a sad illness to have, having to inject yourself 4 times a day, constantly checking your sugar level to make sure it isn't too high or too low... He is a trooper. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest