The Student Room Group

MS Office at an affordable price....

Where can l get MS Office from for at the best price, can't afford the full whack!
I got Microsoft Office 2013 Professional for 8 quid. That's because my mum works at a company which work with Microsoft so I'm a lucky guy.

I believe you can get Office 365 as said above for 50 quid though.
Reply 2
Original post by James A
I got Microsoft Office 2013 Professional for 8 quid. That's because my mum works at a company which work with Microsoft so I'm a lucky guy.

I believe you can get Office 365 as said above for 50 quid though.

£8!!!
Does Mum want to adopt me, l am goo at cooking!!!

I need a two pc version and don't want to pay EVERY year as 365

MS Office or a fee version with the same interface so my son can use it too - would be better to be the same as at school!

Ay suggestions???
http://www.software4students.co.uk/t/brands/microsoft-office-2013-software

If you're a student resident in the UK this site can get you a pretty large discount, I think it's partly government funded. They take your name and school/college/university and go and check it with them, I think.
Reply 4
If you switch to Linux all your stuff is free. Open Office is top notch.
Reply 5
Keep in mind the University 365 only lasts for 4 years.

Do you need microsoft office? I do my work at home using OpenOffice and then just convert it to MS Office format.
Reply 6
Original post by fletcher7751
Where can l get MS Office from for at the best price, can't afford the full whack!

You most likely will have to pay full price if you want Microsoft Office. Microsoft is losing it these days the newest office isn't that great, well overpriced and nowadays competitors are starting to give out free software (as is the case with Apple and Samsung is in full development of their own office software). The future ain't looking too great for windows, ms office and Microsoft itself.

Btw there are some open source office suites that you can get for free like for example LibreOffice.
Reply 7
Original post by Awais3r
The future ain't looking too great for windows, ms office and Microsoft itself.

Why is it not looking great?

Share price doesnt reflect your concerns.
Reply 8
Original post by Reue
Why is it not looking great?

Share price doesnt reflect your concerns.

Sales of Microsoft's main product are going down windows are going down (PC sales are going down), Windows tab failure, Windows 8 failure, Microsoft divisions such Xbox, online services and even Nokia are making substantial losses. That's why i say that but i do understand they have huge amount of reserves to keep them going and they do make a lot of loyalty money from android.
Reply 9
Original post by Awais3r
Sales of Microsoft's main product are going down windows are going down (PC sales are going down), Windows tab failure, Windows 8 failure, Microsoft divisions such Xbox, online services and even Nokia are making substantial losses. That's why i say that but i do understand they have huge amount of reserves to keep them going and they do make a lot of loyalty money from android.

Both revenue and operating profit are raising. While some divisions may be struggling, overall the company is in a very healthy position and continues to expand and innovate.
Original post by Awais3r

Laptop sales are doin fine
Reply 11
Original post by Reue
Both revenue and operating profit are raising. While some divisions may be struggling, overall the company is in a very healthy position and continues to expand and innovate.

I know they are currently in a healthy position but their expanding and innovation isn't going well at all. Plus their competitors are a long way ahead of them when it comes it expanding and innovation. Microsoft i feel are on the path to irrelevance because they are behind in innovation, their products losing quality every time (Windows use to be good, ms office not great anymore, Hotmail was amazing then came outlook a disaster), Xbox gone downhill and the competition is winning in most fields now. I blame Steve Ballmer, worst CEO i have ever read about and his contribution to Microsoft "He began their path to irrelevance".
i would think twice before getting the office 365 2013 (if your 2010 is working fine why change). they have this new visual features that slow everything down.
Reply 13
[QUOTE="chukster97;46224130"]Laptop sales are doin fine[/QUOTE

Laptops are included as apart of PC sales because they are personal computers and they are on a decline.

Don't believe me, here's some evidence: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nobody-wants-to-touch-windows-8-laptop-sales-suffer/

Quick Reply

Latest