The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Cathedral street apartments is the best student accommodation in lincoln

Hi guys, I've made this thread because when you come to uni, you need to save money and get your moneys worth from your accommodation.
Cathedral Street is the best place for this. (I'm not an Ambassador, I won't gain anything from posting this, I just want people to know a cheap alternative exists to Pavs or Courts and such places.)

So I'm a first year student, I'm paying £74 a week (this'll go up in Sep 2014 because the kitchens were recently refurbished)

Included in your bills, you get; heating/water/electric/tv license in living room; a large flat screen in the living room (some places don't have a living room, most don't have a TV), new squishy sofas, personalized artwork throughout the flats; some rooms have double beds; a washing machine (no other accommodation has this, we have saved so much money because of it - no visiting laundromats!), a newly refurbished kitchen with large fridge/freezer.
Closed storage for bins, a lockable post room for bike storage; close access to a gym (it's on the college campus, so about 2 minutes away), tonnes of takeaways, about 5 minute walk from all the bars and clubs and the high street.

Of course there's down sides to Cathedral Street, as there are with every other accommodation, but comparatively, Cathedral Street is definetley best value for money.
Reply 1
I'm getting baffled by the accommodation. Heard some mixed views about courts...how far are cathedral from the uni site by foot I can't find any pics of the rooms either. I looked at the acc map but they looked far out but can't really tell..
I'm also looking at bray ford quays and Hayes wharf...
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sj2014
I'm getting baffled by the accommodation. Heard some mixed views about courts...how far are cathedral from the uni site by foot I can't find any pics of the rooms either. I looked at the acc map but they looked far out but can't really tell..
I'm also looking at bray ford quays and Hayes wharf...

If you rush between 7-10 minutes, and if you're at a chilled pace it's usually 15. On the maps it does look super far away, but that's only because Lincoln's so small :P
If you like, I can try put some pictures up of our accommodation?
Reply 3
Original post by TheFrobins
If you rush between 7-10 minutes, and if you're at a chilled pace it's usually 15. On the maps it does look super far away, but that's only because Lincoln's so small :P
If you like, I can try put some pictures up of our accommodation?

If you can put pictures up that would be g8...Im not sure where to choose either
Reply 4
Original post by shiketo
If you can put pictures up that would be g8...Im not sure where to choose either

I'll put them up tonight :smile:
Reply 5
+1, do recommend

Quick Reply

Latest