The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Anyone living at Independent Student Living West Hampstead?

Hey!I got an offer from the University I want to attend next year, and now I am looking for a place to stay. From what I saw on their website, I really like ISL, and it's also only 15 min away from the University I want to go to. They even sent me a floor plan after I requested one, and the studio looks great! So I was wondering, is anyone renting a room or a studio at Independent Student Living at the moment? If so, what do you think?Thanks! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Which uni are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Which uni are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The University of Westminster I think :smile:
Reply 3
I'm not living there currently, but i think I will probably book! It seems really close to campus, and in a nice area. Ive been looking in NW London for about a year on places to live, and i think this is it! So excited! Anyone know when you can start booking rooms?
Reply 4
Original post by smcclin2
I'm not living there currently, but i think I will probably book! It seems really close to campus, and in a nice area. Ive been looking in NW London for about a year on places to live, and i think this is it! So excited! Anyone know when you can start booking rooms?

Hey! I got a chance to visit the Independent Student Living house on Tuesday, and it seems great! I couldn't see the studios, as they were all occupied, but I saw pictures and I also saw the living room (tv, sofa, table and kitchen) that you'll share with other students if you choose to have an ensuite bedrooms. Everything is very clean and simple. Also, the building is very secured. Were you thinking of renting an ensuite bedroom or studio, if I may ask? :smile:
By the way, you can start booking rooms next Monday! :wink:
Reply 5
I am interested in the ensuite bedrooms. I quite like living with other people, and met some close friends in my flat the last time, so I am going with that. And the cost is lower than a studio as well. Good to hear you liked it though. It seems as though everyone who lives there really enjoys it, and plus side....its brand new! That is very appealing! I am so excited to book! Hope they dont fill up too quickly, or i will be gutted! Might have to wake up SUPER early!
Hey! I was also interested in Independent Student Living, I really liked their pictures and the fact that is new, but I saw that you can only book for 51 weeks and I don't plan on staying the summer in London. Are you going to book for 51 weeks? :biggrin:
Reply 7
I know I am going to book the 51 weeks. My dissertation won't be due until September anyway. Plus i have never been in the UK for the entire summer, so I want to be able to go to festivals and stuff. I am studying Music Business Management so its a must! So i will definitely have a place to stay over the summer despite probably not being there for most of it.
Reply 8
Yeah, it doesn't bother me either, I'm sure I'll be able to find a job in London and will happily spend Summer of 2015 there :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by leacor
Yeah, it doesn't bother me either, I'm sure I'll be able to find a job in London and will happily spend Summer of 2015 there :smile:

Have you applied for housing? I just did this morning!
Reply 10
How do your student loans cover this accommodation?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
My loan is disbursed 3 times, for the start of each term. So whatever is left after the school takes their share is mine, and thats what i would use to pay for accommodation.
Reply 12
Original post by smcclin2
My loan is disbursed 3 times, for the start of each term. So whatever is left after the school takes their share is mine, and thats what i would use to pay for accommodation.

But how does your loan even cover it? I get nearly the maximum loan but I even that wouldn't cover it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
The amount that i am allowed to take out will cover it
Original post by leacor
Hey!I got an offer from the University I want to attend next year, and now I am looking for a place to stay. From what I saw on their website, I really like ISL, and it's also only 15 min away from the University I want to go to. They even sent me a floor plan after I requested one, and the studio looks great! So I was wondering, is anyone renting a room or a studio at Independent Student Living at the moment? If so, what do you think?Thanks! :smile:

Just paid my deposit today! Anyone thinking of booking I would recommend you hurry as they already sold of out standard en-suites. Has anyone else booked yet? :smile:
Reply 15
I just placed a deposit yesterday for a standard plus en suite room after viewing the accommodation. Really impressed with it. I think there's only 1 left before the next step up, which is $219.
Original post by jjleo
I just placed a deposit yesterday for a standard plus en suite room after viewing the accommodation. Really impressed with it. I think there's only 1 left before the next step up, which is $219.

Same :smile: what floor are you on
Reply 17
3rd floor, facing the railway tracks. How about u?
Original post by jjleo
3rd floor, facing the railway tracks. How about u?

Same I'm third floor! Do you know your room number, we could be in the same flat haha
Reply 19
Original post by i-love-coffee
Same I'm third floor! Do you know your room number, we could be in the same flat haha

Wow, what a coincidence huh? My room number's 305-F. Let me guess, is yours 305-G?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest