The Student Room Group

Bishop Grosseteste Primary PGCE

Anyone applied, been for an interview or accepted an offer?

Scroll to see replies

I have received an offer and put it as my firm choice for primary education :biggrin:
Reply 2
Oh awesome! Where abouts are you from?
I sent my application a few weeks ago so I am still waiting to here back.
How long did it take for them to offer you an interview?
Reply 3
My firm choice too! Have you found a Facebook group or anything?
I'm from Scarborough, North-East of England. What about you? :smile: I think it took around 2-3 weeks. But then my interview was only around a week after that!

And yey! No I haven't :/ maybe they will set one up closer to the time?
Reply 5
Gosh that's quite far, what made you choose lincoln?
I'm from spalding, near peterborough so I think I would commute if I got an offer!

Are you both at uni at the minute or?
Its not really that far but i dont mind going far anyway :smile: i really dont know. It just felt right straight away. I always wanted to go to bishop grosseteste for some reason!
yeh, im just going to live in halls. Commuting would be better for you i suppose aha. No, im still at college. :smile:
Hi, I am currently waiting to hear back from Lincoln too. Sent my application three weeks ago and dying to hear back! Already had one unsuccessful and one interview which I didn't get. So this is my last choice! I'm from Bourne, Peterborough so would be commuting too :smile:
Reply 8
I've got a few friends from Bourne! Nice to know some others are planning on commuting too :smile:

Where else did you apply to?
Ah cool :smile: Yeah i've been living in Lincoln for the past three years anyway as I am currently studying here! So I'm ready to move back home! I applied for Nottingham Trent. Got an unsuccessful in January as I 'didn't have enough experience'. But I have more that 25 full days experience as a teaching assistant. So i'm not sure what went on! My other choice was school direct in a school in Oakham. The interview was intense! Like crazy! Got an unsuccessful on the day with feedback being that I need to focus my attention on the whole group instead of individuals. So I'm dying to hear back from Lincoln! Need to know!! Where have you applied to? And for upper, lower or general primary?
Reply 10
Just heard back from Lincoln! I've got an interview 27th Feb, have you heard anything Lucy??

I've applied for upper and lower at Bishop, got both interviews on the same day - so I'm hoping they will just do it at the same time? And Anglia Ruskin, Peterborough Campus.

Nervous now ha
Ahhhh WELL DONE!!!!!! No i haven't heard back and now I'm worried!! What date did you apply though? They may not have got to me yet!! So happy for you you must be over the moon!
Reply 12
Thanks :smile: yeah I'm soooo happy! Just worried already ha.
Did you apply for upper or lower? It may be a case of looking at one of them first and because I applied for both I heard first? I dunno, but don't worry I am sure you will get an interview too any day now!

I applied 27th Jan!
Original post by peaches17
Thanks :smile: yeah I'm soooo happy! Just worried already ha.
Did you apply for upper or lower? It may be a case of looking at one of them first and because I applied for both I heard first? I dunno, but don't worry I am sure you will get an interview too any day now!

I applied 27th Jan!

I applied for upper :smile: So yeah maybe they're doing lower first and just saw you had applied for both. Just hope I hear soooon :smile:! Ah you best get planning! My friend has had two this week and she said they went really well, it's really laid back apparently. :smile: Have you been doing work experience at a local school? I want this soo much ah!
Reply 14
Original post by LucyFisher91
Hi, I am currently waiting to hear back from Lincoln too. Sent my application three weeks ago and dying to hear back! Already had one unsuccessful and one interview which I didn't get. So this is my last choice! I'm from Bourne, Peterborough so would be commuting too :smile:

I'm from bourne too! I'll also be commuting :smile: x
Original post by KerryE5
I'm from bourne too! I'll also be commuting :smile: x

Ahh fab :smile: I'll keep you updated about whether I actually get on, and if so we could maybe share lifts! imagine the petrol we would save :O Are you already accepted on to the course?
Reply 16
Ahh fab :smile: I'll keep you updated about whether I actually get on, and if so we could maybe share lifts! imagine the petrol we would save :O Are you already accepted on to the course?

Yeah I've made it my firm :smile: I know we could save a fortune and it would be nice to have someone to keep me company on the drive too x
Yay :smile: Interview 4th march. literally never been so happy in my life!! time to prepare!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 18
wooooo! Told you that you would get one!
What on earth are you gonna do your presentation on? I have no idea waaaah
Reply 19
Yay :smile: Interview 4th march. literally never been so happy in my life!! time to prepare!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending