The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

The best thing about Southampton?

:smile: As a prospective student who is firming Southampton I was just wondering - from current students, past students or anyone who lives in Southampton - what is the best thing (or things) about :adore: Southampton and the university itself?
Reply 1
The area around the main campus is in a really nice part of the city, the city is fairly green considering its a city, its pretty convenient to get places because of the University bus service, the nights out are amazing (go to Jesters!). Highfield campus is gorgeous, and I'm not sure what course you're doing but you should find the staff helpful and friendly in most cases, I haven't heard of anyone complaining about any department in particular! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
thousands of the world's best french restaurants are a short ferry journey away
Reply 3
Jesters
Reply 4
Lol at Jesters. You guys disgust me :colonhash:
Reply 5
The variety of clubs/bars here, ranging from southampton's biggest club Oceana to the lovable **** hole that is Jesters! Also if you go on the right nights the drinks are cheap.
Original post by rstar28
The area around the main campus is in a really nice part of the city.

Ermm have ever left the campus?
Portswood and Basset? seriously?
Lets face it the best thing about Southampton city is the 2 motorways that lead away from it.

Its a shame really because the uni is actually very good.
Reply 7
Original post by apocalipse117
Ermm have ever left the campus?
Portswood and Basset? seriously?
Lets face it the best thing about Southampton city is the 2 motorways that lead away from it.

Its a shame really because the uni is actually very good.

Actually I've walked through those areas at 3am by myself and nothing has happened. They're not the nicest areas in the city, no, but compared to a lot of other cities and towns the 'bad' parts of Southampton look very tame in comparison. Besides, there's a lot dodgier areas around West Quay.
What exactly are the good and bad parts of southampton...

I thought portswood was good. WHen you say bad parts, what exactly do you mean by bad??? Fights??? Explain
Reply 9
Original post by Mister Halliwell
What exactly are the good and bad parts of southampton...

I thought portswood was good. WHen you say bad parts, what exactly do you mean by bad??? Fights??? Explain

Aha well what I'd consider the 'bad parts' are around Northam Road which is near West Quay where there have been stabbings, muggings and rapes, a couple of these in the past 3 weeks. That's hardly ideal!
Reply 10
Most students live in walking distance from each other so it is sooooo easy to see your friends, go for predrinks, houseparties, walk down to Jesters. Life is so easy. Campus in a city is recommended.
Southampton is great, great uni, nice city, brilliant nightlife. Haven't had one bad experience here yet
the M3 out of southampton!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending