The Student Room Group

Lied to teacher and caught red handed helpp!!!

hi everyone, today i went into school late and came face to face with my teacher, im always in the library (before registration), but am never late (not sure what happened today)... he asked what happened?, and I said "oh i was in the library"... well i was such an idiot because the library at my school was closed in the morining (when i said i was inside it), and rightly so my teacher was kind of pissed of at me for lying...

not sure how to approach this problem any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh my god you are in big trouble
Just start crying that always worked for me.
Reply 3
Just face detention and move on, it's not like you're going to lose all your friends just for lying... And it won't make you a worse person either if you learn from that mistake.
Reply 4
don't be late again
Hmm... I don't think they'll care.

I'm always honest with my teachers, if they ask me why I wasn't in lessons I'll just say it's because I couldn't be bothered or because I wanted a lie-in. Nothing ever happens.
Reply 6
Your life is completely ruined, sorry.
I think the problem is a non issue right now.Im sure your teacher has heard worse lies than this and has probably forgotten, it's not like it was extremely important, if they bring it up just say you got confused or that it was the first thing that came into your head, but I really don't think anyone will care.
Reply 8
WOAAHHHH!!! HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF? IF I EVER DID SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I'D BE SO SCARED! AND YOU GOT CAUGHT! OMG! OMG! YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE!

Seriously?
its not the end of the world, act normal and don't be late!!!!
You need to learn from your mistake.

Never tell a lie which can be verified.
You might as well not bother going back again, definite expulsion for this.
Repent ye sins! On your knees and make amends you wretched child. :mob:

Seriously though, if the subject is raised, apologise and tell him it was out of character because you were wrong footed and blurted the first thing that came into your head. You will gain respect for showing remorse and will feel better in yourself for owning up.

Do the detention and all the debts to society are repaid. :wings:
Reply 13
You're in for a good telling off, maybe more...
Reply 14
Stick with the story. If you change the story you'll look weak.
Reply 15
Lol, come up with another lie to hide your previous lie and slowly dig a bigger and bigger hole and pray that you don't get found out.
Or, y'know, you could just face the detention?
Reply 16
Come up with another lie to hide your previous lie and slowly dig a bigger and bigger hole and pray that you don't get found out.
Or, y'know, you could just face the detention?
Reply 17
Off to London Met you go.
Original post by Tai Ga
Off to London Met you go.

Give this man* two cookies.

*It doesn't sound as Putin-esque if you say woman. D:
Original post by GlennWilly
WOAAHHHH!!! HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF? IF I EVER DID SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I'D BE SO SCARED! AND YOU GOT CAUGHT! OMG! OMG! YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE!

Seriously?

For a second, I thought your name was "GreenW..."
:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest