The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Self catered Accomodation

Recommendations for self-catered accommodation at Exeter University
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Lafrowda, the new one - not Old Lafrowda. I share the flat with 7 other people (3 other girls and 4 boys), we all have en-suite. We're super close to everything. We all have a pretty good time :smile: and there're two modern language students in my flat, and I do french as part of my course aswell :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Either new Lafrowda or Birks. They're the same standard wise just in different locations. Both very popular, Lafrowda is more conveniently located but I would say the community 'village' feel of Birks is nicer. Depends what you're looking for.
Reply 3
Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread, little point in making another though.

What are these flats like? When I went for an open day we only got to see catered accommodation sadly. How exactly are they structured? Just any info you can give me would be great!

thanks
Reply 4
2014-01-19 12.08.27.jpg
2014-01-15 16.34.45.jpg
This is what it looks like outside my window (Lafrowda block C, 5/F)
I can upload some pics of my ensuite room in a while (need to clean up a bit):biggrin:
Reply 5
Looks nice,

Yeah if you could upload pictures whenever its convinient or give me any more info that'd be awesome cause i didnt get to look around one on the day.
Reply 6
2014-03-09 14.52.18.jpg
Desk
2014-03-09 14.52.47.jpg
Wardrobe
2014-03-09 14.53.15.jpg
Toilet+shower
2014-03-09 14.53.50.jpg

2014-03-09 14.54.32.jpg

2014-03-09 14.55.28.jpg

Corridor
2014-03-09 14.56.13.jpg

Kitchen
2014-03-09 14.56.49.jpg
Reply 7
Hi OP,
there are virtual tours of all the accommodation available here: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/visit/campuses/virtualtours/accommodation/

All of the accommodation is really nice at Exeter and its only for a few months really, so don't worry about it too much :smile:
Reply 8
I've been having this same problem (minus the foreign languages bit), and I'm caught between Lafrowda and the Birks Village. Is there any practical difference other than the hill up to Birks? Which may not be a bad thing for fitness...
Reply 9
I'm applying for Exeter this fall, and I'm also not sure what kind of accommodation I want most. I know I want self-catered, but other than that I'm lost.
So a lot of people recommend Lafrowda and Birks, but if these are very popular then I'm afraid I won't get any of them and they'll just place me somewhere I dont wanna live at all.
Any of you have any other good suggestions for self-catered accommodation (other than Birks and Lafrowda)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending