The Student Room Group

How common is it to get all 5 offers from your choices?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lucy96
It's common when you apply for a course fairly unpopular like mine :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anthropology? How many applicants does it usually have per year? :biggrin:

I think my lowest is European Politics at KCL, where there is around 3 applicants per place.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pedd
Anthropology? How many applicants does it usually have per year? :biggrin:

I think my lowest is European Politics at KCL, where there is around 3 applicant per place.

Yup! I genuinely have no idea, I've based it off the fact that entry requirements tend to be low (Durham asking for ABB for example) and I don't know ANYONE in person who's applied for it :tongue:

Mine's less popular as I've gone for biological/evolutionary, social anthropology is much more popular :tongue:

Aww wow! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Robbie242
Fairly unlikely if you apply to 5 top universities (Like my friend applied for LSE, Imperial, Oxford, Durham and St Andrews) maths/maths and econ

pretty risky if he flunks his A2s isn't it?
Reply 23
I got all 5 offers but now regretting my choices a little cause I know I could've chosen better universities :banghead:
Reply 24
Original post by KingKumar
pretty risky if he flunks his A2s isn't it?

indeed
Reply 25
Original post by Lucy96
Yup! I genuinely have no idea, I've based it off the fact that entry requirements tend to be low (Durham asking for ABB for example) and I don't know ANYONE in person who's applied for it :tongue:

Mine's less popular as I've gone for biological/evolutionary, social anthropology is much more popular :tongue:

Aww wow! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably is a tad low in competitiveness then, although, by looking at Duram's course, it seems really interesting! :h:

I would eat supidly-hot chillies for an ABB offer! My top two, UCL and KCL, have both offered AAA. :mad:
Original post by Pedd
Probably is a tad low in competitiveness then, although, by looking at Duram's course, it seems really interesting! :h:

I would eat supidly-hot chillies for an ABB offer! My top two, UCL and KCL, have both offered AAA. :mad:

Yeah hehe :smile: it does! Not as interesting as Liverpool's though :colone:

Ooh wow, I'm sure you'll do it though :biggrin: what subjects do you need those grades in, then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Lucy96
Yeah hehe :smile: it does! Not as interesting as Liverpool's though :colone:

Ooh wow, I'm sure you'll do it though :biggrin: what subjects do you need those grades in, then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

By 'wow' I hope you mean 'the Hell you must be in! I feel sorry for thee' :wink:

I need to ace Politics, English Language and History, not so happy at the moment with the latter.

How about you?
Original post by Pedd
By 'wow' I hope you mean 'the Hell you must be in! I feel sorry for thee' :wink:

I need to ace Politics, English Language and History, not so happy at the moment with the latter.

How about you?

I do feel for you :tongue: I can't imagine the pressure! It'll be worth it though!

Nice subjects :biggrin: oh why not? :redface:

History, english literature and biology for me :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jade Sh
one of my friends got a conditional for all five (and she was applying for medicine!!!) universities, and she hadn't even done her AS yet.

She got a full set of medicine offers without any AS-levels? How did that happen? :curious:
Reply 30
Original post by x__justmyluck
I got all 5, Oxford, UCL, Bath, Southampton and Cardiff.

To be honest though I think if you get 5 offers then you should have aimed higher, you don't need 5 offers as you'll only end up going to one of them.

Did you accept Cardiff? :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by Lucy96
I do feel for you :tongue: I can't imagine the pressure! It'll be worth it though!

Nice subjects :biggrin: oh why not? :redface:

History, english literature and biology for me :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! :tongue:

I'm having major issues with exam structure which is eating my ability to attain decent marks. Will be working on it.

Brilliant subjects yourself!

I bid the best of luck to you; you'll do well I'm certain!
Original post by Jade Sh
Well, if you've got fantastic grades, then I think it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if you mean a full offer or a conditional offer, but one of my friends got a conditional for all five (and she was applying for medicine!!!) universities, and she hadn't even done her AS yet.

Unless you mean A2...I'm afraid to say this is bs
Original post by Pedd
I hope so! :tongue:

I'm having major issues with exam structure which is eating my ability to attain decent marks. Will be working on it.

Brilliant subjects yourself!

I bid the best of luck to you; you'll do well I'm certain!

Aww :tongue:

Oh I see, I'm sure you'll get it perfect soon :h:

Thank you!

And thank you again, that's so lovely! The same to you of course :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I got 5. From Cambridge, Durham, Imperial, Warwick and Manchester, so not exactly uncompetitive unis either.
Original post by alow
I got 5. From Cambridge, Durham, Imperial, Warwick and Manchester, so not exactly uncompetitive unis either.

I got 5 from Oxford, Imperial, Durham, Bristol, and Warwick. It will just depend on how strong a candidate you are, or in my case, how lucky you are :lol:
Nice little statistic for you: for medicine, 1 in 200 applicants get all 4 offers.
Reply 37
If you apply to pretty average universities/courses with good AS grades it's common, most of my friends have 5. I'll most likely end up with 4/5 because I decided to be a bit chancy with putting Bristol down :tongue:
Reply 38
Not very common with medicine and dentistry applicants...there's 15 of us applying this year from my sixth form...grades range from A*A*A* 740 ukcat to AAA 600 ukcat.....ALL of us have at least 1 rejection....it's just the competitiveness and sheer volume of applications....Leeds for dentistry this year was 18:1 applicant to place ratio...
Reply 39
Original post by Jade Sh
Well, if you've got fantastic grades, then I think it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if you mean a full offer or a conditional offer, but one of my friends got a conditional for all five (and she was applying for medicine!!!) universities, and she hadn't even done her AS yet.

Unless you mean A2 then thats just not possible i'm afraid...AAA predictions for A2 exams are a minimum (unless you are using an access route in which case you still need ABB and have to have done your as)...
Also with medicine you can only apply to 4 uni's for the medicine course...the 5th has to be a different course...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending