The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers for 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlyHigh_er
that makes sense then. yeah, Wills is really pretty, and the library is really nice.

yeah, i am, plus we geology students go on a field trip before we move in so i get to meet people on my course early. what societies did you join? :biggrin:

Oh really? I dont know that! Thats awesome!
I didnt join any societies here in the Uni! I dont really go out much with people so societies are just not for me! I did recently join the Biochemical Society which I have considered for about a year! HAHAHA!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Maths & Economics

Durdham, Hiatt Baker SC and Wavely.

Im desperate to make it to Bristol, but im not entirely sure ive made the grades, time will tell!
Original post by Georgia22
I firmed Bristol for Cellular and Molecular Medicine, just got to wait and see if I get the grades now:biggrin:

Medical Microbiology so I think we'll be in lectures together :smile: Fingers crossed for you!
Original post by MollyHersh
Medical Microbiology so I think we'll be in lectures together :smile: Fingers crossed for you!

Yeah I think so!:biggrin: Good luck to you too:smile:
Reply 244
I firmed Bristol for Computer Science.

I keep hearing good things about their computer science department so I can't wait to see if I get in.

(I applied for accommodation at 115 Queen's Road, Manor Hall and Northwell House)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I just thought of a question! I was about to make plans on the 15th of December and realised I had no idea if the CMM course would be finished by then! Do you have any idea if it does?:biggrin:
(Aimed at teen_titans2702 not sure it quoted properly on my phone!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Teen_titans2702
The faculty of Medic and Vet is the smallest one, only around 1500 students, and the ratio is 8 students for everyone 1 place in 2013. The offer for CMM this year is still AAB, Im sure if u get the grade, there will be a place for u! But as far as I know, CMM is not as competitive as for example Chemistry (this year, the grade for Chemistry is A*AA, higher than last year which was AAA). Im sure u'll be alright and who knows, I might be your Peer Mentor next year if u ever apply for one! :biggrin:

Can you have a look at my previous post please? Didn't quote properly!:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I just thought of a question! I was about to make plans on the 15th of December and realised I had no idea if the CMM course would be finished by then! Do you have any idea if it does?:biggrin:
(Aimed at teen_titans2702 not sure it quoted properly on my phone!)

Hey again,
Each school in the Faculty will have different ending time due to the difference in exam time. Last year, CMM was done before Biochem, we're the last one due to Pharmacology.
The course actually ends on somewhere near the 24th Dec, and after that will be revision period to prepare for the Spring exam afterward. You literally still need to go to lectures as new stuff will still be coming. Although the number of lectures will decrease and u will have quite a lot of free time.
Exam starts right after the Christmas, which means during the christmas, you will need to spend quite a lot of time for revising. CMM has to study Biochemistry as a compulsory module and it's famously long, along with this is Microbiology which is really long as well and has so much memorising.
But of course you still can visit your friends, go home, do whatever u want, as long as your exam mark equal or above 40%, u'll pass.
So you need to consider your plan if it requires much time or not? If it does, then I highly recommend u to leave it till summer if can, some people failed Biochem at the first term (26 people/243 people study Biochem). And they had to work harder in second term to earn it back which is harshhhh! :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Teen_titans2702
Hey again,
Each school in the Faculty will have different ending time due to the difference in exam time. Last year, CMM was done before Biochem, we're the last one due to Pharmacology.
The course actually ends on somewhere near the 24th Dec, and after that will be revision period to prepare for the Spring exam afterward. You literally still need to go to lectures as new stuff will still be coming. Although the number of lectures will decrease and u will have quite a lot of free time.
Exam starts right after the Christmas, which means during the christmas, you will need to spend quite a lot of time for revising. CMM has to study Biochemistry as a compulsory module and it's famously long, along with this is Microbiology which is really long as well and has so much memorising.
But of course you still can visit your friends, go home, do whatever u want, as long as your exam mark equal or above 40%, u'll pass.
So you need to consider your plan if it requires much time or not? If it does, then I highly recommend u to leave it till summer if can, some people failed Biochem at the first term (26 people/243 people study Biochem). And they had to work harder in second term to earn it back which is harshhhh! :P

Ah that's really helpful, thank you so much!:biggrin:
Ah that's really helpful, thank you so much!:biggrin:

Oh, just to clarify, by saying "you literally still need to go to lectures" I mean at the time near the end of the course, about 1 or 2 weeks prior to Christmas. It doesnt mean u have to go to lecture during christmas! :smile:)

You welcome! Just ask me any question u have, I'll try my best!
When is Freshers week?
So weird seeing all the people from the facebook group in here :tongue:

Another CMM'er here hopefully, good luck to you all for tomorrow!
Does anyone know if there's some sort of wristband that can get you in to all of the freshers events or do you have to buy separate tickets?
Original post by redpoppy
Does anyone know if there's some sort of wristband that can get you in to all of the freshers events or do you have to buy separate tickets?

For the UBU Fresher's, you get a combo on 3 events. Rest are separate. For the unofficial one, one wristband for all events.
Original post by CivilEngAsp101
For the UBU Fresher's, you get a combo on 3 events. Rest are separate. For the unofficial one, one wristband for all events.

Thanks, do you know if there's a website that you can buy all of them from?
Original post by redpoppy
Thanks, do you know if there's a website that you can buy all of them from?

Here: https://ubu.nutickets.com/9852 , it's 25 quid for one wristband
Original post by adaymuhajier
Here: https://ubu.nutickets.com/9852 , it's 25 quid for one wristband

Anyone else living at home like me? :colondollar:
For who dont know, one exciting news for who comes to Bristol this September, on the 26th of Sept, from 12pm, there's going to be an event called Bristol Bright Night. 500 cities around Europe will do this event at the same time, and this is the first time this happens in Bristol. You are more than welcome to join the night. Our Uni will of course be one of the participants in the event, our School of Biochem is gonna do some cool science experiments, and there will be many many more sciences going on in the day by many other organisations. Its called Public Engagement.
Come and see how cool its going to be and meet like-minded people! They are all about sciences!
Yeah I think so!:biggrin: Good luck to you too:smile:

I've applied for this year. Do you guys like the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending