The Student Room Group

Has anyone got a free civilian card for ID?

Was thinking about getting one as this is now the second time I have lost my driving license on a night out D: only thing is, it shares information about you with other companies, and I've been concerned about this. Has anyone got one for free and had any cold callers/things through the post since having one?
Reply 1
Probably won't be accepted, most places will only accept passport or drivers license. All other cards are too easily faked or obtained. I know in the past i have been told do not accept anything that was not a passport or drivers license even if it does have the PASS hologram on it. And you will find this is the case in most clubs and bars.

The only place it is really accepted is in shops.
Reply 2
My experience has always been that anything other than a driving licence or passport isn't worth bothering with.
Reply 3
Why do people assume everyone drives or has a passport! I dont drive nor have a passport so what am I meant to use as ID?
Reply 4
Original post by FItpecs
Why do people assume everyone drives or has a passport! I dont drive nor have a passport so what am I meant to use as ID?

You can get a provisional licence without driving plenty of people myself included do
Reply 5
I would personally recommend getting a Citizen Card, they're £15 if I remember correctly and not once have I been quizzed about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Civilian Card is the way to go. £9.95 and they're accepted everywhere. Why pay more?

Citizen Card is just a more expensive (£15) version of the same thing. Passport is £80, provisional driving licence £50 and nightmare if you lose it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending