The Student Room Group

Is there any link between breast pain and periods?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kumon
Would you rather not have the attention and guys dreaming about your big bouncy boobs that they can do so many things with :sexface:, or a little short term pain.

'Short term'? I'd prefer less attention tbh. I won't lie, it's flattering at times, just that most of the time it's inappropriate or annoying.
Original post by euphrosyne
For the first time in my 7 years of puberty, I've endured quite a bit of breast pain during my period, mainly the first day (sorry if this grosses you out but puh-leaseee, this is a normal bodily function for the fertile female :rolleyes:) and I was wondering if this is normal or is it something I should check out?
I usually get a lot of cramps making it impossible for me to move, and I occasionally have back pain, but the pain in my breasts is something new and it's worrying me. Does anyone else experience this pain during their period?

My friend had this problem, and then her breasts grew HUGE a week after.
Like double the size.. e to the power of 5, dat exponential growth.

So I put my logarithmic function in her domain.
Hm, I just realised, they also get heavier, right? Mine feel too heavy right now.. Ugh I know, it's really hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in..

Yep. Try getting extra pillows or adjusting the ones you have? I can usually manage sleeping on my side if I have a pillow under the side of my boobs.That or sleeping on your front on some pillows with one big pillow above your boobs and a smaller one above, it's a bit awkward but comfy once you settle :smile:
For the first time in my 7 years of puberty, I've endured quite a bit of breast pain during my period, mainly the first day (sorry if this grosses you out but puh-leaseee, this is a normal bodily function for the fertile female :rolleyes:) and I was wondering if this is normal or is it something I should check out?
I usually get a lot of cramps making it impossible for me to move, and I occasionally have back pain, but the pain in my breasts is something new and it's worrying me. Does anyone else experience this pain during their period?

hm sounds serious. i'll need to see a pic so that i can diagnose the problem for you
Reply 24
I honestly don't think they need to be any bigger. They're already too much of a hassle :lol:

Hm, I just realised, they also get heavier, right? Mine feel too heavy right now.. Ugh I know, it's really hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in..

I really don't think that's the case. I'm quite a fit person.. And according to what most people have posted before you, it seems to be normal. Guess you're the "anomaly" :tongue:

:lol: Are you serious, do you know what guys can do with a big pair of boobs and their eh hem D, wont mention too much to keep in guide lines, but you get the idea :sexface: Does that not sound great? :colone:

Original post by flyyoufools
'Short term'? I'd prefer less attention tbh. I won't lie, it's flattering at times, just that most of the time it's inappropriate or annoying.

Are you applying to uni this year? You can separate out the gentlemen from the lads.
Sounds like co-codeine will solve the issue.
Well I've heard quite a few bad things about it, such as it making you infertile permanently? I've never really researched it tbh, but I'll definitely try to read about it now. My periods are incredibly heavy and the pain is horrible. I skip school too and if it happens during the day, I'm allowed to leave. It has the ability to make me cry for hours...

Sorry but that is stupidity. Millions of girls around the world take different contraceptive pills and as the number of births is RISING- that can't really make sense can it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Yeah it's pretty normal to get tender breasts on/around your period, I get it myself. I used to get the cramps and back pain like you described when I was younger (thankfully they got better with age) and I remember I used to get told to put up with it to, very annoying :mad: I also think that you should see your GP about it especially if it's that bad it's causing you to miss school.

Well I've heard quite a few bad things about it, such as it making you infertile permanently? I've never really researched it tbh, but I'll definitely try to read about it now. My periods are incredibly heavy and the pain is horrible. I skip school too and if it happens during the day, I'm allowed to leave. It has the ability to make me cry for hours...

No, the Pill won't make you infertile.

It does have serious side effects, especially if you smoke or have a family history of certain diseases.

However, there are different types and etc to deal with this.

TBH, there is probably a lot of info on sites like NHS Health Info websites if you don't want to go to your GP.
(edited 10 years ago)

I take Feminax Ultra on the first few days, but they're completely useless. I've gone to the school nurse a few times when my period starts mid school day, but she's always suggested that Brufen/Ibuprofen is "the best there is". I always thought that I had to get used to the unbearable pain as no one seems to have suggested any medication and I never thought to see a doctor about it.

Your School Nurse probably isn't allowed to prescribe anything more .

Quick Reply

Latest