The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm so pissed off at F212 questions. They are so ambiguous you do not know what exactly is being asked most of the time. It is like the exam board actively tries to trick us. It's a load of bull**** and I'm ****ing sick of revising for it. I know the stuff. They just try and make you apply it do some ****ing stupid situations. Then even if you're right in what you're saying and answer the question completely correctly, if it is not on the mark scheme then you do not get the marks. These sort of tests have nothing to do with knowledge. When you are sitting an exam you have to actively try and think what is going to be on the mark scheme instead of trying to actually answer the question. It just pisses me off so much. The exam board needs to ****ing give it a rest with these application questions. You can give perfectly good answers that are worth absolutely no marks....... FFFFFFS.
Reply 41
Original post by RadishWadish
Look back through your past paper attempts and pay attention to the questions you're losing marks on.
Are you losing a lot of marks on one particular topic or is it fairly widespread?
If it's mainly on just a few topics then make sure to revise them as a priority, using the mark schemes to come up with a model answer to the longer questions.
If it's widespread then really you just need to keep up your general revision or maybe change the method of revision to make sure you understand every aspect of every topic.
Good luck. :smile:

And thanks, but even if I knew literally everything about F212 I think it would be impossible to get more than 70 marks.
Original post by JoshZ
I'm so pissed off at F212 questions. They are so ambiguous you do not know what exactly is being asked most of the time. It is like the exam board actively tries to trick us. It's a load of bull**** and I'm ****ing sick of revising for it. I know the stuff. They just try and make you apply it do some ****ing stupid situations. Then even if you're right in what you're saying and answer the question completely correctly, if it is not on the mark scheme then you do not get the marks. These sort of tests have nothing to do with knowledge. When you are sitting an exam you have to actively try and think what is going to be on the mark scheme instead of trying to actually answer the question. It just pisses me off so much. The exam board needs to ****ing give it a rest with these application questions. You can give perfectly good answers that are worth absolutely no marks....... FFFFFFS.

Wait till you get to F215 lol. The content is all good but the F215 exams are horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Wait till you get to F215 lol. The content is all good but the F215 exams are horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh FFS! I'm sick of this bull**** already. I'll be lucky if I manage to get a C in this exam, all because it's so ambiguous. If the questions would just be more ****ing specific and not make me apply it to the Bangubangu African tribe, it might be a bit more bearable.
Original post by JoshZ
Oh FFS! I'm sick of this bull**** already. I'll be lucky if I manage to get a C in this exam, all because it's so ambiguous. If the questions would just be more ****ing specific and not make me apply it to the Bangubangu African tribe, it might be a bit more bearable.

Bangubangu lol :ahee:. At least the grade boundaries are low brah, it's usually around 60/100 for an A. Not bad you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Bangubangu lol :ahee:. At least the grade boundaries are low brah, it's usually around 60/100 for an A. Not bad you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

70/100 for F212 :frown:
Original post by JoshZ

Bangubangu tribe? I don't remember seeing that question xD the applied questions are all based on the content you're taught though so nothing should be impossible.

...Having said that I am actually resitting this exam after getting a C in it last year so I understand what you mean about it being hard. :/ Idk if you've seen them already but there are some great notes on all the specs here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1296764
Reply 47
Original post by RadishWadish
Bangubangu tribe? I don't remember seeing that question xD the applied questions are all based on the content you're taught though so nothing should be impossible.

...Having said that I am actually resitting this exam after getting a C in it last year so I understand what you mean about it being hard. :/ Idk if you've seen them already but there are some great notes on all the specs here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1296764

Great, thanks for these!
Reply 48
Does anyone have any predictions for what might come up in the paper?
Im thinking lipids and extended on classification and enzymes and biodiversity. Just doing may 2011 and is awful full of graphs and random stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by JoshZ

I know! it's terrible, there are some questions which are so vague it's bloody unbelievable. Like in the F211 paper of jan 2013, there's a question that says 'comment on the significance of this information for gas exchange' and they basically give you some SA:Vol ratios, but one of the marks is for calculation one of the ratios, like how is that significance at all? and another mark for that question is to say O2 into the blood and CO2 out, like ffs that has no relation to the info given at all!!
Reply 51
hey how much UMS is it for an A? 240?
shxtting myself bc I have literally only 5 days to learn all of F212 since I've done absolutely no revision for it yet!
Original post by GXO
shxtting myself bc I have literally only 5 days to learn all of F212 since I've done absolutely no revision for it yet!

The F212 paper is out of 150 UMS and 120 UMS is an A.
Original post by GXO

Don't we have like 2 weeks till this exam? Also, I still haven't learnt the majority of the spec or started past papers too, gonna get it all done during half term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive done a few papers. I just did june 2011 now without looking in text book and got 77. Ill take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by WesterosWildling
Ive done a few papers. I just did june 2011 now without looking in text book and got 77. Ill take that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You lucky little (or knowledgeable) ****. Impart your knowledge on me, I bloody well need it...
Reply 56
Original post by GXO
I know! it's terrible, there are some questions which are so vague it's bloody unbelievable. Like in the F211 paper of jan 2013, there's a question that says 'comment on the significance of this information for gas exchange' and they basically give you some SA:Vol ratios, but one of the marks is for calculation one of the ratios, like how is that significance at all? and another mark for that question is to say O2 into the blood and CO2 out, like ffs that has no relation to the info given at all!!

It would be so much better if they can actually tell us what we are expected to answer. FFS, it takes the piss.
Original post by JoshZ
You lucky little (or knowledgeable) ****. Impart your knowledge on me, I bloody well need it...

Ha I thought I came off a little ungrateful. I just hate the silly mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Ha I thought I came off a little ungrateful. I just hate the silly mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*screw those mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by lovekitty123
Don't we have like 2 weeks till this exam? Also, I still haven't learnt the majority of the spec or started past papers too, gonna get it all done during half term

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah we do but I also have chemistry unit 2 one day after, and I'm in the same position revision-wise for that as well- so all I have for both units is from the 23rd(last exam before half term) to basically the 1st! but good luck, I know a lot of people may discourage and say it's not enough time to you, but I personally think that it is :-) fingers crossed I'm right lol

Latest

Trending

Trending