The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HighSinBerg
But to be fair, if you have a look at the ACCN1 specimen paper made in 2009 theres an identical style telephone expense account; and it's on the specification so its less common but still predictable :wink:

Yeah i noticed that the other day I was excited when i saw it XD :wink: :O I have recently realised that AQA have seemed to be using questions from like 2009 in Maths aswell recently like in the June 2013 paper aswell :O

Very true :wink: could even come up this time, got to prepare for the worst :smile:

Have u covered all the content for unit 2?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChocoholicCox
Yeah i noticed that the other day I was excited when i saw it XD :wink: :O I have recently realised that AQA have seemed to be using questions from like 2009 in Maths aswell recently like in the June 2013 paper aswell :O

Very true :wink: could even come up this time, got to prepare for the worst :smile:

Have u covered all the content for unit 2?

Yep we've finished it, not really much content and I certainly think the principles are fairly straight forward, have you finished it yet? :smile:
Yep we've finished it, not really much content and I certainly think the principles are fairly straight forward, have you finished it yet? :smile:

Yep :smile: but ironically at the moment now were just going back to unit 1, even though we just flew by unit 2 i just did a past paper for unit 2 and they all mainly revolve around the same questions:confused: most years so it should be alright. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChocoholicCox
Yep :smile: but ironically at the moment now were just going back to unit 1, even though we just flew by unit 2 i just did a past paper for unit 2 and they all mainly revolve around the same questions:confused: most years so it should be alright. :smile:

Just a hint, in the past 8 or so exams shares were on, in january 2013 it was a stupid amount of marks like 25 for shares/divs, june 2013 there were no shares question not even 1 mark. My teacher wrote the A2 official aqa accounting text book with some other bloke and she predicts this year there will be a massive amount of marks on shares. Around 20-30 on just shares.
Just a hint, in the past 8 or so exams shares were on, in january 2013 it was a stupid amount of marks like 25 for shares/divs, june 2013 there were no shares question not even 1 mark. My teacher wrote the A2 official aqa accounting text book with some other bloke and she predicts this year there will be a massive amount of marks on shares. Around 20-30 on just shares.

Thanks for the hint :smile:, yeah Im working on the shares part atm trying to get my head round it but yeah it was't in June 2013 so yeah like u say highly likely to be big marks I better get to grips with it :wink: XD
Do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for this paper will be stupidly high like they were for June '13?

I mean 70/80 for an A. C'mon.

Look here if you don't believe me: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

EDIT: Just had a look at the grade boundaries for the other paper. The other ones are really high too, except for Jan 2012. FML.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FaisalTreShah
Do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for this paper will be stupidly high like they were for June '13?

I mean 70/80 for an A. C'mon.

Look here if you don't believe me: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

EDIT: Just had a look at the grade boundaries for the other paper. The other ones are really high too, except for Jan 2012. FML.

First thing is June grade boundaries are envitably high because its a resit exam, secondly this is most likely the first ever exam most people will take (AS students) And in addition all our exams are in June judging on that if its like the June 2013 paper it'll be 66/80 for an A , at least a 5% expected decrease.
Oh wow. I just got my exam timetable from my college and I haven't been entered for the exam.

Well, that was a waste of time.
Yeah it did seem harsh boundaries i was astonished when i looked on the grade boundary, hopefully June 2014 should be alright seeing as if we **** up were screwed.:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FaisalTreShah
Oh wow. I just got my exam timetable from my college and I haven't been entered for the exam.

Well, that was a waste of time.

lol i feel sorry for u :biggrin:
well those notes were so good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might be a bit late, but David Cox and Michael Fardon book is the best resource I can find it's got so many examples. Past questions/different exam boards. All to do with this AQA specification. User friendly layout good chapter summaries; explains key concepts aswell as harder examples. Very good book highly recommended. I read through it 3 times, done a few past papers, in my college mock week I got a high B in the June 2013 paper which was extremely difficult in my opinion.
Might be a bit late, but David Cox and Michael Fardon book is the best resource I can find it's got so many examples. Past questions/different exam boards. All to do with this AQA specification. User friendly layout good chapter summaries; explains key concepts aswell as harder examples. Very good book highly recommended. I read through it 3 times, done a few past papers, in my college mock week I got a high B in the June 2013 paper which was extremely difficult in my opinion.

m using the same book :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same XD, however now im using for unit 2 a book by Phillip Allan which is like a condensed version of the syallabus only 70 pages :O
CROPOC:

Error of...

Compensation - Errors on the debit side equal errors on the credit side, cancelling each other out.
Reversal - Where the amount that should have been debited was credited and amount that should have been credited has been debited.
Original entry - Where an error is made transferring and amount from the source document into the book of original entry.
Principle - Where amount is posted to the wrong class of an account, e.g. Motor repairs (expense) are posted to Motor vehicles (asset).
Omission - Where both the Debit and Credit sides of a transaction are completely left out of the accounting records.
Commission - Where an amount is posted to the wrong account of the correct type, e.g. Andrew Smith account instead of Alf Smith account.

REMEMBER: The Trial Balance does not show any CROPOC errors.

They seem to like the 'Assess the extent to which the Trial Balance is useful in verifying the accuracy of books of the accounts...' question so here is some help:

Define: Gathers all balances from the ledgers & proves arithmetical accuracy of them

Doesn't show: (pick a CROPOC error)
- Error of Omision
- Error of Commission

Does show:
- Addition error
- Partial Omission error

That book is great! I did a Mock on that paper and got a B too! The last question really threw me off.
Original post by UkeHarvey
That book is great! I did a Mock on that paper and got a B too! The last question really threw me off.

u did every single question from that book? and how long it took u to do tht?
my teacher said just do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Haniya223
u did every single question from that book? and how long it took u to do tht?
my teacher said just do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have probably done every single question, but they were mostly in class with my teacher... I have mostly done past papers, so i would agree with your teacher :smile:
Original post by UkeHarvey
I have probably done every single question, but they were mostly in class with my teacher... I have mostly done past papers, so i would agree with your teacher :smile:

have u done accn2 revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Haniya223
have u done accn2 revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but not as much as i have revised for ACCN1, however i am optimistic and do plan to ramp up my ACCN2 revision :smile:
I find unit 2 harder than unit 1 atm XD but thats because I was rushed through unit 2 :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)