The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://i.imgur.com/whInfaj.png

From my analysis, I checked a few previous past papers too. Bank recs only come up once and they've never appeared on the successive paper so I would take a guess and I say 100% they wont be on; considering the June 2013 one was nasty and big I think the bank recs made a good appearance in the last sitting :wink: hopefully we avoid them
Aw but i like bank rec though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by judging
Aw but i like bank rec though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There easy because they're repetitive, but I just hated the June 2013 one it put me right off them ;(
Do you think there will be an expense/suspense/income account coming up? D:
I'm hoping Sales/Purchase control accounts with a written question after...

e.g. What errors don't they show? Omission, Commission.

or

How are they useful? Helps prepare final accounts, Prevents Fraud.
Eeeek its coming near T_T Im kind of freaking out now lol xD

Oh usefulness of trial balance would be lovely, a great 8 marks it would be!

WOO LAST NIGHT I did 10 combinations of balance sheets and income statement...Damn tired
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by HighSinBerg
http://i.imgur.com/whInfaj.png

From my analysis, I checked a few previous past papers too. Bank recs only come up once and they've never appeared on the successive paper so I would take a guess and I say 100% they wont be on; considering the June 2013 one was nasty and big I think the bank recs made a good appearance in the last sitting :wink: hopefully we avoid them

so from what you researched what would you say is coming up :smile:
Original post by exams2k
so from what you researched what would you say is coming up :smile:

I posted this on the other accounting thread but I'll post it here :wink:

I've done quiet a bit of analysis and have come to conclusion the paper might be very much like the June 2010 paper crossed with the specimen a Suspense and Journal account may feature as well as a Sales ledger account.

There just predictions best of luck I think I'm ready as I'll ever be; haven't revised much but for my January mocks I done loads got my head around it so now its just recalling a few definitions e.g. how to do one or two adjustment.

Good luck to everyone doing this exam I'm aiming for full UMS that's why I make sure I know everything before the exam and a bit of prediction can't do me wrong in a GCSE exam it actually got me an A* predicted almost every question on the RE paper. :biggrin:

Apparently loads of people are going on that this will be like the June 2011 paper?!? My teacher who wrote the official AQA A2 text book; made us do the June 2011 paper a few days ago as a mock and went through it all, I don't know why but thats a huge possibility I might retry that paper got 88% when we done it in class. :smile:
Reply 68
I posted this on the other accounting thread but I'll post it here :wink:

I've done quiet a bit of analysis and have come to conclusion the paper might be very much like the June 2010 paper crossed with the specimen a Suspense and Journal account may feature as well as a Sales ledger account.

There just predictions best of luck I think I'm ready as I'll ever be; haven't revised much but for my January mocks I done loads got my head around it so now its just recalling a few definitions e.g. how to do one or two adjustment.

Good luck to everyone doing this exam I'm aiming for full UMS that's why I make sure I know everything before the exam and a bit of prediction can't do me wrong in a GCSE exam it actually got me an A* predicted almost every question on the RE paper. :biggrin:

Apparently loads of people are going on that this will be like the June 2011 paper?!? My teacher who wrote the official AQA A2 text book; made us do the June 2011 paper a few days ago as a mock and went through it all, I don't know why but thats a huge possibility I might retry that paper got 88% when we done it in class. :smile:

Good luck to you too! thank you so much for you help! unit 1 should be alright its unit 2 which is going to mess me up :frown:
Original post by exams2k
Good luck to you too! thank you so much for you help! unit 1 should be alright its unit 2 which is going to mess me up :frown:

Np, and same for me got C2 and ACCN2 on the day its a killer don't feel ready :frown:
Np, and same for me got C2 and ACCN2 on the day its a killer don't feel ready :frown:

any prediction what will come in unit2 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
yeah same i also got c2 and accn2 on same day! i think cash budget and correcting balance sheets with errors will pop up, most recent papers do so theres a possibility. Just be prepared for anything :wink:
Original post by Haniya223
any prediction what will come in unit2 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

The LTD income statement will highly unlikely not come up so Im predicting a income statement for sole trader.

It is always either IS LTD, IS sole trader , BS with shares.

Shares didn't appear on June 2013 and are hot favourites for this year I highly doubt they'd do a section on shares and a balance sheet with shares it really penalises the lesser candidates (who can't do shares; seem to be a lot) and almost limits them to a grade E.

So im predicting income statement for a sole trader, shares section preparing an statement of changes in equity and an essay on shares e.g. preference vs ordinary which to chose. Also theres a large part of the specification on depreciation there might be an essay on straight line vs reducing balance and why each is used. Together with an essay on accounting concepts as they haven't appeared for three sittings.

Im predicting therefore,
Accounting concepts (10 marks)
Income statement (25 marks)
-sub question about depreciation (6 marks)
Equity section of balance sheet (15 marks)
-sub question on shares (8 marks)
Standard (16 marks) on ratios **note these have appeared on all previous 8 or so sittings**

So im predicting a tricky paper for this year, again don't just solely revise them topics im pretty much predicting; and there is a very high chance them topics won't feature as many of them are really obscure but still within the specification.
I can't remember how to do ledgers for the sales day book / purchase day book accounts :frown: FML

any help please :smile: ?

From the paper, January 2010 Q1b thanks in advance :biggrin:
Last hours of revision for tomorrow:frown:
My confidence is low already because of the economics exam today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sameeee 😭

Sent from my ST26i using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
I'm lacking motivation even thought I can't do parts of the specification

I'm just hoping they don't come up :frown: damn really should be revising on the last day

Feel less confident as the hours are counting down
I can't remember how to do ledgers for the sales day book / purchase day book accounts :frown: FML

any help please :smile: ?

From the paper, January 2010 Q1b thanks in advance :biggrin:

I totally need help on this too, tried it before and got 0 -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ironically I just did that question just now and got 100% XD basically you just had to balance the accounts off by first using the sales day books figures into the balance of the debit side of both Turner and Browns account then just had to record the discount since ( debit discount allowed credit Browns account) and so on then do P Abdul where you just do discount received on debit side with the payment and payment then credit side Purchases 440 which balanced the account to 440.

Btw im not really a good explainer :tongue:
Just double entry simples :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChocoholicCox
Ironically I just did that question just now and got 100% XD basically you just had to balance the accounts off by first using the sales day books figures into the balance of the debit side of both Turner and Browns account then just had to record the discount since ( debit discount allowed credit Browns account) and so on then do P Abdul where you just do discount received on debit side with the payment and payment then credit side Purchases 440 which balanced the account to 440.

Btw im not really a good explainer :tongue:
Just double entry simples :smile:

Ah i get it now thanks so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending