The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park-ers!

Scroll to see replies

Wait do you get flat numbers? I've just got a confirmation, nothing else.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 101
Hi guys, would also very much like to know where to find your flat numbers. I've accepted and paid but when I look at the contract details it just says 'Hall Broadgate Park' and a blank next to property.

Edit: Also a quick/random question- I have a tonne of posters I'd like to bring but the terms are a little confusing.
Fixing posters or anything else to the walls, doors, ceilings or window-frames is likely to leave a mark, even if You use things which are supposed not to
mark. We will not allow marks from pins, tape, blu-tak and so on as fair wear
and tear: We will treat them as Damage.
It doesn't seem to be saying posters are prohibited, just marks..? Would white tak be sufficient or does Broadgate Park not tolerate posters at all?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Arfo
Hi guys, would also very much like to know where to find your flat numbers. I've accepted and paid but when I look at the contract details it just says 'Hall Broadgate Park' and a blank next to property.

Edit: Also a quick/random question- I have a tonne of posters I'd like to bring but the terms are a little confusing. It doesn't seem to be saying posters are prohibited, just marks..? Would white tak be sufficient or does Broadgate Park not tolerate posters at all?

I gather that posters are cool just the blu tack mark that may be left is classed as 'damage'.
Reply 103
Hey guys!
I am going to live in a studio at BGP next year too!
I am a bit worried because I live in France and I have no idea of how exactly it is!
I am curious and cannot wait until September ^^ so is there anyone who has pictures of a room?
I saw the one on the website but there are not the entire room (could not see the bathroom).
How do you know that you are living in a new or old block?

See ya =)
Salut Alinaa! I will get a studio as well @ BP, I arrive there in two weeks (presessional english), want me to post some pics?
Bonne soirée!
Reply 105
I'm going to stay at a studio in BP too, insurance ftw =)

I hope we still get other undergraduates close by, would suck if it was all 'locked up'. Econ /w Chinese Studies here.
Reply 106
hey kornflakes! I would love you to post some real pics! Thank you!
I am an undergraduate too the 31 st, I am sure that there will be a lot of people around to meet. No worries =)
Reply 107
Original post by Arfo

Edit: Also a quick/random question- I have a tonne of posters I'd like to bring but the terms are a little confusing. It doesn't seem to be saying posters are prohibited, just marks..? Would white tak be sufficient or does Broadgate Park not tolerate posters at all?

White tak tends to leave a mark too and if they consider a wall damaged, they can/probably will charge you for the wall repainting. I know Unite charge about £60 per wall, not sure about BGP so it's a bit of a risk!
Reply 108
:rolleyes:
Reply 109
Original post by paddingly
White tak tends to leave a mark too and if they consider a wall damaged, they can/probably will charge you for the wall repainting. I know Unite charge about £60 per wall, not sure about BGP so it's a bit of a risk!

(New account, forgot old ones pw :biggrin:) I'm gonna risk if and bring a couple small posters, they haven't left marks on my home walls.

Oh and I contacted the Broadgate admins, they said most people will find out their specific residence 2 weeks before arrival for those curious as to where exactly they will be living.
Reply 110
I have just been accepted in to Uni of nott, so happy :biggrin:, I will be staying at BGP, does anyone know, is BGP mixed sex?
Original post by The 31st

I hope we still get other undergraduates close by, would suck if it was all 'locked up'. Econ /w Chinese Studies here.

hey i just got accepted into nottingham as my insurance choice and have chosen BP at my first choice for accommodation :smile: they emailed me saying my accomm. appication was successful but doesn't really make it clear if I got my first choice or not... hope they make that clear soon!!!

xx
Original post by Heeydurh
I have just been accepted in to Uni of nott, so happy :biggrin:, I will be staying at BGP, does anyone know, is BGP mixed sex?

hey I think it's mixed sex cos they asked for you to specifiy if you especially wanted single sex or not... so think it's mixed. :smile: x
Reply 113
Original post by RubyRuby94
hey i just got accepted into nottingham as my insurance choice and have chosen BP at my first choice for accommodation :smile: they emailed me saying my accomm. appication was successful but doesn't really make it clear if I got my first choice or not... hope they make that clear soon!!!

xx

They should give you log in details just after you applied for http://accommodation.uppbroadgatepark.com/eaccom/login/start.do where you can track the progress of your application.
Original post by Arfu
They should give you log in details just after you applied for http://accommodation.uppbroadgatepark.com/eaccom/login/start.do where you can track the progress of your application.

ah okay thankyou :smile: xx
Reply 115
Original post by RubyRuby94
hey I think it's mixed sex cos they asked for you to specifiy if you especially wanted single sex or not... so think it's mixed. :smile: x

thank you :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by Alinaa
Hey guys!
I am going to live in a studio at BGP next year too!
I am a bit worried because I live in France and I have no idea of how exactly it is!
I am curious and cannot wait until September ^^ so is there anyone who has pictures of a room?
I saw the one on the website but there are not the entire room (could not see the bathroom).
How do you know that you are living in a new or old block?

See ya =)

Original post by Kornflakes
Salut Alinaa! I will get a studio as well @ BP, I arrive there in two weeks (presessional english), want me to post some pics?
Bonne soirée!

Original post by The 31st

hey I'm an undergraduate who is going to be staying in the studio too :smile: I just wanted to know if anyone knows what appliances will be provided in the kitchenette
Original post by nju
hey I'm an undergraduate who is going to be staying in the studio too :smile: I just wanted to know if anyone knows what appliances will be provided in the kitchenette

Hello! So glad to finally find fellow undergrads living in Studios!
I was wondering the same thing about what is provided in the kitchenette, I thought we we might get an email with an inventory of what they would give, but I received nothing so gave them a call. Apparently, they provide a toaster, kettle, fridge, freezer, hob and oven.
Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 118
Original post by ProspectiveNotts
Hello! So glad to finally find fellow undergrads living in Studios!
I was wondering the same thing about what is provided in the kitchenette, I thought we we might get an email with an inventory of what they would give, but I received nothing so gave them a call. Apparently, they provide a toaster, kettle, fridge, freezer, hob and oven.
Hope this helps! :smile:

I was in a Studio last year. I wasn't given a toaster, but there was a kettle, a hob, a fridge with a small freezer built within and a combi oven (basically a fancy microwave which can cook like an oven).
Reply 119
Original post by Kornflakes
Bonne soirée!

Hey Kornflakes! So did you arrive there? Hope everything is fine :smile:

Quick Reply