The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~Cerridwen~
Do it! I did it last year and enjoyed it so much. As someone who doesn't usually go out of their comfort zone it was difficult at first but everyone's in the same boat; no one knows anyone and that's what makes it so great cos when you're put into groups there's 11 different people to get to know! And you're bound to get on with some of them. It seems that there is some regional differences in how organised the scheme was. Mine was based in Surrey and was super organised but i don't know about other areas. The first week is scary but fun, getting to try lots of different activities and we got to spend the week in Weymouth which was really nice. Go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was completely out of my comfort zone too, but I was willing to take part in the adventure, which was lacking in the end
Reply 21
I did it in summer 2015, honestly hated the first 2 weeks which were supposed to be fun. Some of the activities were fun but the overall experience was miserable. Then you have to do 2 weeks of charity work which wasn't too bad as you get familiar with your group but the tasks were obviously boring.

To be honest, go for it as you'll regret not giving it a go. If it's not something you enjoyed, you'll enjoy the rest of your summer more.
Is anyone doing the August one? I'd really like to talk to a few people before going as I have anxiety problems with meeting new people
I did it in the spring wave and i had so much fun :smile:

It might have helped though, that i knew people from the start, which helped to make friends with others and i was in a fantastic group, some people weren't as fortunate as we were.

I would say it's definitely worth it if you're prepared to go out of your comfort zone and make new friends and just talk to whoever. People won't care that you're a different age to them.

The organisation is not the best, and some of the stuff is pretty bad, but if you get involved and everything, then you just have so much fun :smile:
Can someone explain to me about the waves, im really confused:s-smilie: And anyone going on the 23rd of July would love to get to know some people before hand:smile:
Original post by anisameh
Can someone explain to me about the waves, im really confused:s-smilie: And anyone going on the 23rd of July would love to get to know some people before hand:smile:

I think people are talking about the dates that they are going on; for example I am going on the wave from 30th July-23rd August. I hope this clarifies things for you. :h::h:
Original post by Banana00
I think people are talking about the dates that they are going on; for example I am going on the wave from 30th July-23rd August. I hope this clarifies things for you. :h::h:

Ohh okay that makes more sense now thanks:h: And did you get a hoodie by any chance because I heard some people got hoodies but we got T-shirts as trials ones the the year 2015 and are supposed to be be getting 2016 ones soon but i really wanted a hoodie:frown:(or are they only for people camping out as ours is in a uni accommodation for the second week)
Ohh okay that makes more sense now thanks:h: And did you get a hoodie by any chance because I heard some people got hoodies but we got T-shirts as trials ones the the year 2015 and are supposed to be be getting 2016 ones soon but i really wanted a hoodie:frown:(or are they only for people camping out as ours is in a uni accommodation for the second week)

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about hoodies or t-shirts! Hope you find out the answer :o::tongue:
Original post by Banana00
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about hoodies or t-shirts! Hope you find out the answer :o::tongue:

Hah thanks anyways:smile: won't really make a difference I guess, as long as im doing the actual program:u:
Hah thanks anyways:smile: won't really make a difference I guess, as long as im doing the actual program:u:

No problem. Have fun on your program! :h::h:

You do get hoodies :smile:
Original post by Gogregg
You do get hoodies :smile:

Are you sure? does it depend on various things?
Are you sure? does it depend on various things?

I'm not sure what you mean, but when i went in February, we all got NCS hoodies?
Original post by Gogregg
I'm not sure what you mean, but when i went in February, we all got NCS hoodies?

Oh okay, its just that i heard that if you go in summer (me) then you get t-shirts as its not cold or if you stay in a accommodation because you wont be outside like people that go camping instead. So maybe because you went in feb it was colder so you got hoodies.😕 thats just what i think
Oh okay, its just that i heard that if you go in summer (me) then you get t-shirts as its not cold or if you stay in a accommodation because you wont be outside like people that go camping instead. So maybe because you went in feb it was colder so you got hoodies.😕 thats just what i think

Maybe, i guess you'll just have to wait and see :h:

Hi, I went like 2 years ago!
We got hoodies even though I went in the summer
But I think it changed because one my friends went in the summer a year after...basically last year, and they got T-shirts
Maybe it's more cost effective to give out t-shirts than hoodies...
Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Hi, I went like 2 years ago!
We got hoodies even though I went in the summer
But I think it changed because one my friends went in the summer a year after...basically last year, and they got T-shirts
Maybe it's more cost effective to give out t-shirts than hoodies...

Yh that would make sense
is anyone doing the august one this year? I wanna talk to some people who are doing it because in very nervous
Original post by Daycee1234
is anyone doing the august one this year? I wanna talk to some people who are doing it because in very nervous

im doing it this year, i leave on monday and im super nervous as im still sooo unsure about like what to take and stuff
Original post by daydayday
im doing it this year, i leave on monday and im super nervous as im still sooo unsure about like what to take and stuff

Hey guys, I did NCS in the summer of 2014 and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Met some amazing people. If anyone has any questions,about anything, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending