The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Anyone put Brunel as a firm choice already???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MicahLee
As are yours! :-) yeah they gave me a conditional offer too. Have a little more faith in yourself!
What's your insurance choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: My insurance is Westminster. But I've applied for BA History there. Actually I applied for History for all unis, but I've recently changed my course from BA History to LLB Law for Brunel. What about yours?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
Thanks :smile: My insurance is Westminster. But I've applied for BA History there. Actually I applied for History for all unis, but I've recently changed my course from BA History to LLB Law for Brunel. What about yours?

Oh wow really? What made you switch to law?
My insurance choice is Kingston, both law! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow really? What made you switch to law?
My insurance choice is Kingston, both law! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

yupp..I was confused between history and Law, both areas seemed interesting to me. So, I thought I should apply for both but yh my first choice would be law.

I'm sure you'll make it to Brunel! What A2 subject are you currently doing? I'm doing Sociology, History and Urdu :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
yupp..I was confused between history and Law, both areas seemed interesting to me. So, I thought I should apply for both but yh my first choice would be law.

I'm sure you'll make it to Brunel! What A2 subject are you currently doing? I'm doing Sociology, History and Urdu :smile:

I do hope so, it's only recently hit me how near exams actually are! :frown:
I'm currently studying Government and Politics, English and Theology.
You have a good mix of subjects though! When's your first exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey(: Anyone applied for accommodation yet? When I did the only thing it really asked me was whether I wanted an en-suite or standard room? Does it ask you about your halls preferences later on?
Reply 85
Original post by Eleanoraa
Hey(: Anyone applied for accommodation yet? When I did the only thing it really asked me was whether I wanted an en-suite or standard room? Does it ask you about your halls preferences later on?

Hey. Yeah I've applied. It said the same thing to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eissy
Hey you! :smile:

So I finally got all the offers now and I put Brunel as my first choice yesterday. I'm going to be be doing Business Management (Marketing) Sandwich course. I am also going to live in a campus.

Is there anyone else that is definitely planning to go Brunel? :smile:

If yes, what course are you gonna do and are you gonna move out?

See you in September, haha!

yeah made it my firm! for mechanical engineering! cant wait!! just need the grades now Aha
Reply 87
Hey there, has anyone else not heard back from accommodation after applying ages ago?! I sent mine off at the beginning of this month but I haven't paid a booking deposit or anything, all it said was that my application has been sent off! Getting a bit worried as have seen other people already knowing which complex they're going to be in or whatever, ahhhh!
Original post by BethanRT
Hey there, has anyone else not heard back from accommodation after applying ages ago?! I sent mine off at the beginning of this month but I haven't paid a booking deposit or anything, all it said was that my application has been sent off! Getting a bit worried as have seen other people already knowing which complex they're going to be in or whatever, ahhhh!
I sent mine off a month earlier too! And i have not heard back since.Is your offer conditional or unconditional? Mine is still conditional so i think they'll reply back once it is unconditional.Which accommodation have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Moni.virk
I sent mine off a month earlier too! And i have not heard back since.Is your offer conditional or unconditional? Mine is still conditional so i think they'll reply back once it is unconditional.Which accommodation have you applied for? :smile:

Heyah, yeah mine is conditional too, I did my A levels last year but had an unplanned gap year and decided to apply for the odd uni that asked for grades beyond the ones I already had (BBB) so yeah, need to get an A in the exam I'm retaking ahhhh! I applied for ensuite, really hope I get an ensuite room as I'm not sure I could face sharing a bathroom with like 8 other people haha!
Heyah, yeah mine is conditional too, I did my A levels last year but had an unplanned gap year and decided to apply for the odd uni that asked for grades beyond the ones I already had (BBB) so yeah, need to get an A in the exam I'm retaking ahhhh! I applied for ensuite, really hope I get an ensuite room as I'm not sure I could face sharing a bathroom with like 8 other people haha!

Best of luck for that! :smile: You'll do good in the exam,dont worry :smile: I applied for ensuite too.I would'nt worry about getting an ensuite though,i read somewhere that most of the ones who apply for it do get an ensuite. I applied for Lancaster Complex! Which hall have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by Moni.virk
Best of luck for that! :smile: You'll do good in the exam,dont worry :smile: I applied for ensuite too.I would'nt worry about getting an ensuite though,i read somewhere that most of the ones who apply for it do get an ensuite. I applied for Lancaster Complex! Which hall have you applied for? :smile:

I didn't get the option of applying for a hall! This is why I'm worried ahhhh! I'll have to ring them up first thing monday and find out what's happening, as yeah I probably would have gone for Lancaster too!
Reply 92
I didn't get the option of applying for a hall! This is why I'm worried ahhhh! I'll have to ring them up first thing monday and find out what's happening, as yeah I probably would have gone for Lancaster too!

I wouldn't worry, everyone had no option of what hall you get.. Your guaranteed accommodation (no matter what) and I think when they do reply in June they may give you the option or place you closest to your subject based areas
Reply 93
Original post by Joshlc12
I wouldn't worry, everyone had no option of what hall you get.. Your guaranteed accommodation (no matter what) and I think when they do reply in June they may give you the option or place you closest to your subject based areas

Oh really! That's alright then, thanks for telling me :}
Brunel is my firm choice. I applied for the LLB, and my offer is AAB.
I reaaaaally do not see me getting that though, convinced I'm only going to get BBB.
So scared I won't get in, stressing out so much! :frown:
Reply 95
I've applied for business management with a placement.. I need BBB however my first exams didn't go so well so im convinced that I will only get around BBC or worse... Does anyone have the same worries or advice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieLouiseHales
Brunel is my firm choice. I applied for the LLB, and my offer is AAB.
I reaaaaally do not see me getting that though, convinced I'm only going to get BBB.
So scared I won't get in, stressing out so much! :frown:

I'm in the exact same position as you! I know of plenty of people who have gotten into brunel with ACC, ABC and BBB, so I'm sure they're lenient. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you :smile:
Hello..

My name is Talal, currently studying in Brunel University. Regarding the halls, the differences between a standard room and an en-suite is £10-$£15 per week higher (En-suite higher) and in a standard room you with another 9 rooms share one toilet and one bathtub. while on an en-suite, you get your own shower, toilet and everything.

Recommendation: En-suite for sure.

Good luck
Original post by justanotherhuman
I'm in the exact same position as you! I know of plenty of people who have gotten into brunel with ACC, ABC and BBB, so I'm sure they're lenient. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you :smile:

Ahhhh thank you, I'll try and stop stressing! X
I do hope so, it's only recently hit me how near exams actually are! :frown:
I'm currently studying Government and Politics, English and Theology.
You have a good mix of subjects though! When's your first exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a late reply, but I've been busy preparing for the exams...just had my last exam today. Finally, its all over but now waiting for the results day. Wow I don't have Government and Politics as a subject in my college. Are you finished with your exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending