The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jesss21
Is anyone going to the Portsmouth assessment centre? I'm so nervous!

are you going tomorrow?
Reply 161
Original post by Hannahgrxce
are you going tomorrow?

No I went this morning! Im so happy it's over and done with now
Reply 162
I completely messed up the group interview but I'm quite confident on the written exercise and individual interview. Anyway, a long wait till May now. How did everyone else find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosyBee
I completely messed up the group interview but I'm quite confident on the written exercise and individual interview. Anyway, a long wait till May now. How did everyone else find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a group interview? Oh noooo, what kind of things did they ask you?

Good luck btw, from the sound of things you will do well. x
Reply 164
Original post by Feministdiva
There was a group interview? Oh noooo, what kind of things did they ask you?

Good luck btw, from the sound of things you will do well. x

It wasn't the questions, just I was place in a group of very vocal people and felt that I shouldn't need to scream to be heard lol

But hopefully it'll be fine. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosyBee
It wasn't the questions, just I was place in a group of very vocal people and felt that I shouldn't need to scream to be heard lol

But hopefully it'll be fine. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see. Too many people trying to make themselves heard, eh? Don't worry about it.

As long as you answered a few questions I'm sure you'll be alright.
Reply 166
That was entertaining, written task the hardest in my opinion. Looking forward to may now!
What did the written exercise involve?
Original post by MrBuck
That was entertaining, written task the hardest in my opinion. Looking forward to may now!

I thought same. I think the written task was easily the most difficult part! Interview wasn't too bad, and I was put with a decent group of people so I thought the group task was ok.. Fingers crossed!

Good Luck to everyone who still has theirs 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did my assessment centre this morning, the written part of the exercise was great! But in the interview I think my assessor was doodling on the sheet that he was writing on! FML!

I heard that if the assessors write a lot on their sheets it means you've done well (met a lot of the competencies). Is that true?

Anyway, good luck to everyone.
Well I did my asesment centre on Monday.
It went okay!
Just the written task is very hard to complete in the time scale I forgot something *doh*

Such a long wait until we find out!
Reply 171
Original post by Feministdiva
I did my assessment centre this morning, the written part of the exercise was great! But in the interview I think my assessor was doodling on the sheet that he was writing on! FML!

I heard that if the assessors write a lot on their sheets it means you've done well (met a lot of the competencies). Is that true?

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Oh my gosh, I hope that's the case. I made both my assessors write on the back of the sheets after continuing overleaf. One of them actually ran out of ink!

Although I think it might be down to assessors. I had the two nicest guys you could ever meet but the other people in my group had completely different experiences in their interviews with the assessors being a lot more cold and being asked 'curved ball' questions :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone at the London assessment centre tomorrow morning?

Nervous is an understatement!
Reply 173
Original post by RosyBee
Oh my gosh, I hope that's the case. I made both my assessors write on the back of the sheets after continuing overleaf. One of them actually ran out of ink!

Although I think it might be down to assessors. I had the two nicest guys you could ever meet but the other people in my group had completely different experiences in their interviews with the assessors being a lot more cold and being asked 'curved ball' questions :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone in my group asked how it was going during the interview, and the assessor said in a stern voice that he was asking the questions :rolleyes: Mine were really nice as well, there was also a protest outside so something to break that ice before we began.
Reply 174
Original post by MrBuck
Someone in my group asked how it was going during the interview, and the assessor said in a stern voice that he was asking the questions :rolleyes: Mine were really nice as well, there was also a protest outside so something to break that ice before we began.

Really unfortunate for those put with assessors who to he honest shouldn't be assessors with attitudes like that. I you're gonna come across as patronising and intimidating, no one, even on their best day will feel comfortable to give an interview which they would be okay with.

One of the girls in my group actually started crying, bless her, she just felt the interview was in complete shambles as they steered off of the competencies and ended up making up scenarios which she really couldn't relate to at all and asked her how she would resolve the situations where she didn't understand what the actual problem was in the first place.

I'm just fortunate that I didn't face anything like that :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Hi all, just to let you know i was successful in last years apprenticeship scheme. I now work for the DfE in Coventry. If any body wants to ask me any questions or any help and advice. Feel free to drop me message! Good luck to all and believe me its a great opportunity! :smile:
Hey guys how did your interview go? What sort of questions do they ask? do they ask each competency example in the framework document (the pdf one)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
Anyone applied for the HMRC Tax Apprenticeship Scheme?

Bumping this :biggrin:
Has anyone heard back yet? When are we supposed to hear?
Original post by VictoriaHarriet
Has anyone heard back yet? When are we supposed to hear?

Apparently were going to find out in may but dont know when in may

Quick Reply

Latest