The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

avoided because im good looking?

this thread may make me appear narcassistic etc. but I'm really not, i suffer from pretty bad social anxiety, have no confidence etc. i started a new semester at a new uni a few days ago, as soon as I entered the room, the males in the class literally gave me the biggest evils i've ever seen. When I walk up to them or near them they instantly turn their back and start talking in their group of 'cool' people... how am i supposed to make friends when im clearly being ignored. do they feel threatened that there is a new 'hot' guy in the class? i've modeled etc get a lot of female attention... this is a legit thread say what you like; but why else do males go out of there way to avoid me?... happened at my last uni too

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're completely right.... This thread does make you appear narcissistic...
maybe you're a little paranoid and misjudging their behaviour?
:troll:
Maybe you might come across as narcissistic, even if you're not.
happens to me all the time as well :frown:
Surely if you were as good looking as you say you are, you would get a lot of female attention :iiam:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I know what you mean happens to me all the time they're jealous they can't get any pussy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Perhaps they just think you have a lot of friends already? Instead of expecting them to make conversation with you, why don't you just go sit next to their group and join in if you have something to say or just introduce yourself? If they get funny with you then they're just *****.
Cannot comment without seeing your good looks. #nopicnotruth
Reply 10
I don't know many guys who get jealous over the sort of thing. You probably smell or come across as an *******.
Reply 11
just because people dont get on your knees in front of your beauty doesnt mean they dont like you. Mayb try to show those guys you are sth more than just a pretty face? Or get girlfriends :sexface:
It may be your attitude that is causing them to "ignore" you...but as someone who has never seen you I cannot say anything that might help. Maybe you just think you are being ignored and in reality you are not. Ask someone who is close to you for an honest opinion about you.

By the way your profile pic is really interesting, I don't understand how someone can ignore a "hot" guy like this man..!!!
Reply 13
Original post by majmuh24
Surely if you were as good looking as you say you are, you would get a lot of female attention :iiam:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i do... then crap myself and shy away. Only time i can do anything with females is under the influence of alchohol, then i get whiskey d**k and embarrass myself
Reply 14
Original post by -bill-
I don't know many guys who get jealous over the sort of thing. You probably smell or come across as an *******.

how does walking into a classroom, then proceeding to sit alone at a table make me come across as an *****? I smell good.
Reply 15
Are you gay? I ask because I can't see any other reason for guys to ignore or neglect another guy other than they feel threatened by their gayness.

Guys don't think like that, in fact I doubt many guys can tell whether another guy is attractive or not based on their looks, they would probably need see their success with girls first to make that conclusion.

Even if you were 'hot', other guys will not ignore you because of this, guys know that 'hot' guys will get female attention, so if your friends with a 'hot' guy then it increases your chance of pussy, that alpha-male psychology.

You're probably ugly/smell, thus why no one wants to know you.
BOOOM! Thread over.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Nerd2
Are you gay? I ask because I can't see any other reason for guys to ignore or neglect another guy other than they feel threatened by their gayness.

Guys don't think like that, in fact I doubt many guys can tell whether another guy is attractive or not based on their looks, they would probably need see their success with girls first to make that conclusion.

Even if you were 'hot', other guys will not ignore you because of this, guys know that 'hot' guys will get female attention, so if your friends with a 'hot' guy then it increases your chance of pussy, that alpha-male psychology.

You're probably ugly/smell, thus why no one wants to know you.
BOOOM! Thread over.

Reply 17
Original post by theonelink

Nah bruh, I'm a straight 10!
Reply 18
Have you got an angry resting face?

Do you act timid or shy?

If yes to either people probably think you're awkward and so act the way you described. You then think it's because you're hot and so every situation like this serves as a confirmation of your bias.

Wow reading over that I didn't mean to sound like an advert. OP maybe you could work on your confidence and get help for your anxiety. You won't be the first person to overcome it.
Reply 19
We need pics. :sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending