The Student Room Group

Undecided.

I'm looking for some insight from other language students/applicants. I'm applying this fall for Italian and I'm sure of four of my choices, but I'm stuck on the last one. It's pretty much between Manchester or Leeds. I prefer a lot about Manchester, but I can't visit to decide. I've read that the city is pretty dangerous and I don't like that. But Leeds sounds fantastic too. Any advice?
Reply 1
I'm applying for French and Spanish. I would say that it's better to go for a joint honour degree than a single honours. So either study two languages or Italian with another discipline. Also, don't let crime rates scare you as all cities have crime and the good/bad areas. Just make sure that you're street smart.
Original post by Nyydz
I'm applying for French and Spanish. I would say that it's better to go for a joint honour degree than a single honours. So either study two languages or Italian with another discipline. Also, don't let crime rates scare you as all cities have crime and the good/bad areas. Just make sure that you're street smart.

Thanks for the feedback! Where are you applying? I ended up deciding I preferred Leeds over Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm applying to Nottingham Trent because I really like the city of Nottingham and just like Manchester, Nottingham has a reputation of crime.
Original post by Nyydz
I'm applying to Nottingham Trent because I really like the city of Nottingham and just like Manchester, Nottingham has a reputation of crime.

I had heard that. But I'm sure it's also a fantastic city, especially for students!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending