The Student Room Group

Adult nursing London South Bank - rejection - numeracy test

Hi all,
I went for a maths and English assessment at South Bank on Friday. I was feeling pretty confident as I answered all the questions and there was only one or two that I wasn't confident on!
I got an email today with a rejection due to failing the numeracy! I'm pretty gutted as I didn't think I had done badly.
I wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?
I'm going to ask the uni for feedback as I'd like to know what the 'pass mark' was.
I went with a girl from my access course who failed the literacy test and feels the same way about it.

Would be good to hear from anyone with the same issue.

Cheeeeers
Sarah.x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some units are more strict at passing these tests than others and some tests are harder. At new bucks you can do the test again if your interview was good.
Reply 2
They told us the pass mark was. 6/10 when I went to LSBU for my tests. They didn't know the pass mark for literacy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
:frown: im really sorry about that. did you find the tests difficult?
the same happened to me, I think that they r only accepting a very small number of applicants which isn't fair, I know someone who applied for midwifery and is very strong at maths yet got rejected.
Reply 5
I had an interview at LSBU today and they said they had 3000 applicants for 100 placed at the South Bank Campus, and approx half get ruled out by the Mendas tests. Very competitive indeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I got a rejection today saying I failed the literacy which I don't understand because I feel very strongly as was confident that I actually did Pass it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I had my tests at LSBU yesterday and we did maths first then they marked them and we had a break so they could send everyone home half way through who had failed :/ then we did english...I think they must be changing it based on how many places etc they have. Childrens/Midwifery is SOO competitive there basically just because one of the placement hospitals is Great Ormond Street.
Hey, I got my assessments for LSBU on Monday, I'm really nervous after reading these. What sort of questions are on the Maths and English? I've also got an interview at Herts uni on Wednesday.
Reply 9
Original post by brennancarly
Hey, I got my assessments for LSBU on Monday, I'm really nervous after reading these. What sort of questions are on the Maths and English? I've also got an interview at Herts uni on Wednesday.

I am at Herts next weds too! The maths questions are ate wordy as LSBU so read them carefully. The English is fine, a comprehension and an essay. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fifimas
I am at Herts next weds too! The maths questions are ate wordy as LSBU so read them carefully. The English is fine, a comprehension and an essay. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you!!! I'm so nervous your have to let me know what your wearing or something. I'm so scared lol!

That's good it's not massively hard, I'm looking through my Maths books now just brushing over stuff.

What do you want more? Herts or LSBU? Have you applied anywhere else? xx
Reply 11
Original post by brennancarly
Are you!!! I'm so nervous your have to let me know what your wearing or something. I'm so scared lol!

That's good it's not massively hard, I'm looking through my Maths books now just brushing over stuff.

What do you want more? Herts or LSBU? Have you applied anywhere else? xx

I am wearing black trousers and a grey top!
I am feeling quite relaxed at the moment, did well at LSBU tests. Also applied to KCL, Anglia Ruskin and City. Have an offer from LSBU and KCL and have not heard from ARU or City yet. ARU is my first choice really as it is nearest to home but am seriously considering Kings , and I did really like LSBU too. Really don't know where I will end up at the moment....
See you weds x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi has anyone done a numeracy test for city uni kings Uni or kingson , of all the other unies whic is easier in Numeracy which Iam not really strong in , please help
Reply 13
The easiest test was at kingston

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by tiaa911
Hi has anyone done a numeracy test for city uni kings Uni or kingson , of all the other unies whic is easier in Numeracy which Iam not really strong in , please help

Kings is fine, they give you a calculator to use too :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by tiaa911

City is soooooooooooo easy, good luck
Reply 16
Has anyone done a numeracy test for Middlesex. Isit easy? 😀
Original post by MelissaP22
Has anyone done a numeracy test for Middlesex. Isit easy? 😀

Yeahhhhhh easy!
Reply 18
Omg really, is it really that easy... I faiked southbank so I really am nervous. What kind of things shall I expect do you know? Im doing mental health nursing too
Reply 19
Hey guys

I have a maths and literacy test for adult nursing at south bank and kings coming up does anyone remember any of the questions or anything? pleaseee some help would be nice
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending