The Student Room Group

A friend and I did some things... and now I need advise!

sorry if this is in the wrong subforum!

Righty, last Saturday I stayed over at my friend's halls and we watched Harry Potter at the neighbouring flat with some people I know too. When we started watching the second one, my friend went to bed and eventually all the other people with us did too, except for one guy, whom we shall refer to as C.
I was lying on the beanbag on the floor and he was sitting on the couch. When the girl who'd sat next to him had left, he asked me to come sit on the couch and he told me I could lie my legs on his lap, like we had done before sometimes. So I came over, sat down and then he insisted I'd get under the duvet too.
Basically, what happened next was very surprising to me. C started stroking my legs in a, for me anyway, very arousing way. He did this throughout the film and somehow I ended up stroking his neck. It felt really good. At one point I remember him saying something about taking me to his room and keeping me his dirty little secret, but I don't remember the context of it.
When the film had ended he asked we where I was going to sleep. He suggested I'd take his bed and he'd sleep on the floor, or we'd both sleep in his bed (as I protested against him sleeping on the floor), but in the end I went back to my friend's flat to sleep on the couch as was the original the plan (my main reason for this was because I didn't want to face C's flatmates in the morning and think we'd had sex).

Because the thing is, he has a girlfriend and he's been with her for seven years.

Since this happened I haven't really found myself able to let it go. I'm not sure what to think, feel or do. I feel like in a way I'm blowing this all out of proportion by spending so much time thinking about it, but on the other hand I also keep finding myself pining for more and hoping, I don't know, that he'd do something (sorry for being vague, I'm not entirely sure what it is I yearn for). I've even started writing something that resembles a diary and I'm spending time trying to find songs that fit my mood.

I don't really feel comfortable with telling any of my friends, 'cause most of them know C. I suppose what I'm asking is; what would you do in this situation?
Or just, if you have any words of advise on how to let go, or the situation in general, it'd be much appreciated.

ps. kudos if you read all of that!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
sorry if this is in the wrong subforum!

Righty, last Saturday I stayed over at my friend's halls and we watched Harry Potter at the neighbouring flat with some people I know too. When we started watching the second one, my friend went to bed and eventually all the other people with us did too, except for one guy, whom we shall refer to as C.
I was lying on the beanbag on the floor and he was sitting on the couch. When the girl who'd sat next to him had left, he asked me to come sit on the couch and he told me I could lie my legs on his lap, like we had done before sometimes. So I came over, sat down and then he insisted I'd get under the duvet too.
Basically, what happened next was very surprising to me. C started stroking my legs in a, for me anyway, very arousing way. He did this throughout the film and somehow I ended up stroking his neck. It felt really good. At one point I remember him saying something about taking me to his room and keeping me his dirty little secret, but I don't remember the context of it.
When the film had ended he asked we where I was going to sleep. He suggested I'd take his bed and he'd sleep on the floor, or we'd both sleep in his bed (as I protested against him sleeping on the floor), but in the end I went back to my friend's flat to sleep on the couch as was the original the plan (my main reason for this was because I didn't want to face C's flatmates in the morning and think we'd had sex).

Because the thing is, he has a girlfriend and he's been with her for seven years.

Since this happened I haven't really found myself able to let it go. I'm not sure what to think, feel or do. I feel like in a way I'm blowing this all out of proportion by spending so much time thinking about it, but on the other hand I also keep finding myself pining for more and hoping, I don't know, that he'd do something (sorry for being vague, I'm not entirely sure what it is I yearn for). I've even started writing something that resembles a diary and I'm spending time trying to find songs that fit my mood.

I don't really feel comfortable with telling any of my friends, 'cause most of them know C. I suppose what I'm asking is; what would you do in this situation?
Or just, if you have any words of advise on how to let go, or the situation in general, it'd be much appreciated.

ps. kudos if you read all of that!

Forgot to mention, might be of use:
When I met him, before I knew he had a girlfriend, I already thought he was a really nice and attractive guy, but when I found out he had a girlfriend I told myself not to think of him that way.
He's got a girlfriend yet he sounds pretty ready to cheat on her. My advice would be to back off cos he's off limits, no matter what his intentions are. Somehow try and let go of the feelings - keep yourself busy with work and other friends and try to avoid him. If need be, confront him about what happened first.
He has a girlfriend... There doesn't seem to be any option other then to keep your distance.
Leave it, it's just not worth it. If he wasn't with his girlfriend then you could do it but it's just not a good idea, you don't want to the reason why a relationship breaks up
Don't be a homewrecker. You don't want to be the reason a seven year relationship comes to an end. You should probably talk to him if you really think that keeping your distance will be an issue.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
At one point I remember him saying something about taking me to his room and keeping me his dirty little secret, but I don't remember the context of it.

I'm not sure that context is that critical to the preceding phrase.

Whatever happens, please try to avoid a career in counter-terrorism or as a homicide detective.
Reply 7
I'm not sure why you would care about his girlfriend - surely your enjoyment should be prioritised over his girlfriend..? I would go with his advances; if he wants to cheat on his gf, that's his choice.
he sounds like a player
Reply 9
Dat plot twist :eek:

If he's been with her for seven years chances are he's already cheated on her multiple times. If you want to be another girl he's stuck his dick in then go ahead.
Always remember; If he's willing to cheat on his gf to get with you, he can do the same thing to you in the future.
So he was just looking for a shag, used crap lines and is a potential if not already actualised cheat (by the fact he is clearly going over lines of respect for his missus)?

Yeah he sounds like a catch, hope you manage to get on that.
advice
Reply 13
Not even worth it.
You dont wana b another name added to the list.
Next time your around him if he makes any advances towards you show him ur too good for him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending