The Student Room Group

Christian Patrols In London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmad232
scum/; the muslims are just shoving prossies away from the area; that's a good thing aint it?

No that is not a good thing, if they have a legal right to be there. Much better to give them the Church of England leaflet and a free mug of tea.
Reply 21
scum/; the muslims are just shoving prossies away from the area; that's a good thing aint it?

What gives them the right to tell others what to do with their lives when every single of one of them themselves is not a perfect Muslim. First they need to look at themselves and then tell others what to do. Besides if they are giving dawah and trying to get people interested in Islam that is definitely not the way and it only makes them dislike Islam even more.

More importantly they have no right to enforce their views on other people and if they have such a big problem with living in a western country maybe they should return to their own.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by chocolatesauce
tbh I've never seen any Hindu patrols on the streets, maybe I should be the first :tongue:

Go for it, I've never seen any religious patrols in my area, maybe this crap only happens in London? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
The comments on that video were disgusting. I guess it's true what they say, that nationalism is the final refuge of the scoundrel.
Reply 24
Original post by ActusReus
What gives them the right to tell others what to do with their lives when every single of one of them themselves is not a perfect Muslim. First they need to look at themselves and then tell others what to do. Besides if they are giving dawah and trying to get people interested in Islam taking that is definitely not the way and it only makes them dislike Islam even more.

More importantly they have no right to enforce their views on other people and if they have such a big problem with living in a western country maybe they should return to their own.

Live and let live.

Oh and btw if you are familiar with East London, the so called 'muslim youth' are the biggest Harami's of all.
why should it be ok for some to shove prostitutes away from their neighbourhood but as soon as muslims do it it becomes a bad thing; I bet I can give you many links of how the community of a neighbourhood had gathered to shoo the prostitutes away and clean up their neighbourhood
Reply 25
Original post by FredOrJohn
No that is not a good thing, if they have a legal right to be there. Much better to give them the Church of England leaflet and a free mug of tea.
what, you don't even know that prostitution is illegal?
Reply 26
why should it be ok for some to shove prostitutes away from their neighbourhood but as soon as muslims do it it becomes a bad thing; I bet I can give you many links of how the community of a neighbourhood had gathered to shoo the prostitutes away and clean up their neighbourhood

First of all I'll let you know that I'm Muslim my self so don't think this is an attack on Muslims.

Secondly, who mentioned prostitutes? The people being harassed were not prostitutes so your argument is invalid.

And again I reiterate that these 'Muslims' themselves are not perfect and a lot of them are 'muslim youths' who just want to go out and harass people and use the banner of Islam as a means to justify their behaviour within the community.

They are not advocates of Islam nor do they represent Islam. They represent themselves and the '****s & giggles' they get out of going out in a group and harassing people.

I wonder how many of them actually pray 5 times a day.

Not that I'm judging them for not doing so but it is quite ironic don't you think.

If those 'kuffars' are sinning help and bring them towards Islam peacefully and let Allah judge them not us.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Have the Muslims patrols finished? They were so embarrassing

Prostitution is not illegal.
From wiki:
"
In the United Kingdom, prostitution itself (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal,[2] .
"
Please at least get to know some basic law.
From wiki:
"
In the United Kingdom, prostitution itself (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal,[2] .
"

However your point is still invalid as:

" it's against the law to loiter or solicit sex on the street.*"

BBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
From wiki:
"
In the United Kingdom, prostitution itself (the exchange of sexual services for money) is legal,[2].
"
what a hypocryt you are; you leave the next bit;

but a number of related activities, including soliciting in a public place, kerb crawling, owning or managing a brothel, pimping and pandering, are crimes.

so it is the ILLEGAL activities that street prossies get up to!
Reply 31
Original post by interact

There hasn't been one for over a year, so probably.
Reply 32

It is not illegal. Soliciting in the streets i.e. Curb Crawling is Illegal.
Deus vult

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES.
(By this sign you shall conquer)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kutta
Hey Everyone, I recently read about Christian patrols who were roaming around Brick Lane / Whitechapel provoking the locals and being rude and abusive.

Now, this is not a thread to make fun of Christians or insult them. But it is more to spread awareness. This has not been reported by any of the main stream media which is why i feel I have to spread awareness.

Mosque Response:

http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/news/extremist-patrols-unwelcome-tower-hamlets

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_CAr8biOs

Local Media:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/video_bishop_of_stepney_condemns_bnp_linked_christian_patrols_in_east_end_1_3282767

Deus vult
Reply 35
Original post by interact

Yep, the mosque of east london reported them and took away the stickers which they were putting out.
Original post by Kutta
Hey Everyone, I recently read about Christian patrols who were roaming around Brick Lane / Whitechapel provoking the locals and being rude and abusive.

Now, this is not a thread to make fun of Christians or insult them. But it is more to spread awareness. This has not been reported by any of the main stream media which is why i feel I have to spread awareness.

Mosque Response:

http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/news/extremist-patrols-unwelcome-tower-hamlets

Video:

Local Media:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/video_bishop_of_stepney_condemns_bnp_linked_christian_patrols_in_east_end_1_3282767

This is one of the worst threads I've seen on here.

From your first link I found this:-

'Julian Bond, director of the Christian Muslim Forum (the UK’s largest interfaith network of Christians and Muslims), said: “The ‘Muslim Patrols’ had nothing to do with the East London Mosque or the mainstream Muslim community. The so-called ‘Christian Patrols’ from this hate group have nothing to do with the Christian community either. I would encourage people to meet one another if they are concerned about their neighbours of other faiths:

You shouldn't be stirring up trouble when it could be avoided.
Original post by Kutta
a bit weird coming from you but okay, whatever floats your boat :tongue:

Why weird? I don't support what their doing. It's just slightly more understandable so ce they are reacting to a preconceived attack on their values rather than just going out and attacking others values relatively unprovoked like the Muslim gangs did.
Original post by Kutta

Mosque Response:

Video:

Local Media:

I see what you're trying to do with this thread Kutta but honestly there's no point as your message will not get across to the many TSR members. Don't you remember? Only Muslims do these kind of patrols.. :confused:

If the case was another group of Muslims going around and making a fool of themselves, a lot of people would be on here already bashing Islam. However, because it's Christians and it is not reported in the mainstream media, not many take interest.

So I have come to the conclusion (which is why I am posting here) there's no point in trying to prove hated-filled people come in all religions. People (thank god, not the majority in the UK) will always have a reason to hate Islam. The media wouldn't sell papers if something like this was in its agenda. If it was ever mainstream in papers like the DailyMail, the Sun or even the Guardian - then these papers would only contradict themselves for the past 10 years or so, in the sense that Islam has always been the religion to blame for violence.

Just let it be to save your own time, peoples views on Islam won't be changing any time soon! It is somewhat socially acceptable if another group of people stir violence in the name of their religion. e.g. "No not like they do it all the time" is the response my teacher gave me when I spoke of the genocide of the Rohingya people by Burmese nationalist.
Reply 39
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
This is one of the worst threads I've seen on here.

From your first link I found this:-

'Julian Bond, director of the Christian Muslim Forum (the UK’s largest interfaith network of Christians and Muslims), said: “The ‘Muslim Patrols’ had nothing to do with the East London Mosque or the mainstream Muslim community. The so-called ‘Christian Patrols’ from this hate group have nothing to do with the Christian community either. I would encourage people to meet one another if they are concerned about their neighbours of other faiths:

You shouldn't be stirring up trouble when it could be avoided.

Then why comment on it!

The fact that they call themselves Christian Patrols should be highlighted no? If you looked hard enough i posted that in my comments below the OP!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending