The Student Room Group

Christian Patrols In London

Hey Everyone, I recently read about Christian patrols who were roaming around Brick Lane / Whitechapel provoking the locals and being rude and abusive.

Now, this is not a thread to make fun of Christians or insult them. But it is more to spread awareness. This has not been reported by any of the main stream media which is why i feel I have to spread awareness.

Mosque Response:

http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/news/extremist-patrols-unwelcome-tower-hamlets

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_CAr8biOs

Local Media:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/video_bishop_of_stepney_condemns_bnp_linked_christian_patrols_in_east_end_1_3282767

Scroll to see replies

While still a bit thuggish, this is a reaction to Muslim patrols.

Not that I want to see patrols from any religion.
Reply 2
All these religious patrols can go **** themselves tbh
Reply 3
Original post by The Angry Stoic
While still a bit thuggish, this is a reaction to Muslim patrols.

Not that I want to see patrols from any religion.

Which makes it okay?

Read what the mosque said!

I dislike Muslim patrols as much as you :biggrin:
I wouldn't say this is a Christian patrol per se. It looks to me a far right xenophobic and nationalistic group, possibly along the lines of EDL or such ilk, using Christianity as an excuse to legitimise their protest. Maybe I am wrong in my judgement, but they don't look like the sort of people who attend Church and most importantly, they don't even seem to convey any religious message in the video that I seen. They merely say "this is our country" and were handing out flyers with the St George's cross on it.

It definitely is in reaction to the Muslim patrols, but I don't believe religion is their motivation here. I think 'Christian patrol' is rather misleading.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by -bill-
All these religious patrols can go **** themselves tbh

Although not in your wording, i agree with what your post is trying to say :tongue:
Original post by Kutta
Which makes it okay?

Read what the mosque said!

I dislike Muslim patrols as much as you :biggrin:

It doesn't make it ok. It just makes it ever slightly more understandable. Still very stupid though.
Reply 7
Original post by The Epicurean
I wouldn't say this is a Christian patrol per se. It looks to me a far right xenophobic and nationalistic group, possibly along the lines of EDL or such ilk, using Christianity as an excuse to legitimise their protest. Maybe I am wrong in my judgement, but they don't look like the sort of people who attend Church and most importantly, they don't even seem to convey any religious message in the video that I seen. They merely say "this is our country" and were handing out flyers with the St George's cross on it.

It definitely is in reaction to the Muslim patrols, but I don't believe religion is their motivation here. I think 'Christian patrol' is rather misleading.

They were obviously bad people who just happen to be Christian. They identify themselves as Christian. If you analyse the people behind Britian First that's what they call themselves :mad:

To be honest you can't really tell if someone attends church by looking at them so its not really fair to assume if someone is a bad Christian or good Chrstian. Something we can assume is that these actions are not allowed in the religion of Jesus.

And about this being a reaction to Muslim Patrols this has been said:

Julian Bond, director of the Christian Muslim Forum (the UK’s largest interfaith network of Christians and Muslims), said: “The ‘Muslim Patrols’ had nothing to do with the East London Mosque or the mainstream Muslim community. The so-called ‘Christian Patrols’ from this hate group have nothing to do with the Christian community either. I would encourage people to meet one another if they are concerned about their neighbours of other faiths: dialogue is the way forwards and we are currently running dialogue sessions in Whitechapel during a Lunchtime Dialogue series.”

and

Claiming they were looking for a confrontation with ‘Muslim Patrols’, most of their actions involved driving up and down Brick Lane in an armoured Land Rover and swilling beer, before unfurling a ‘Resistance’ banner outside the mosque.
Had they done their research, Britain First would have known that the Muslim Patrols they claimed to be opposing were in fact imprisoned last year, directly as a result of reporting and diligence by members of the local Muslim community (the mosque was also active in reporting and removing stickers for ‘Sharia’ and ‘Gay Free Zones’).
The Muslim Patrols were linked to the banned extremist sect al-Muhajiroun, whose members have been actively opposed by the East London Mosque for many years. In our view, Britain First’s patrol does not represent Christians, just as al-Muhajiroun’s patrols did not represent Muslims. Both are tiny, extreme groups, unwelcome in our community.

---------------

If you have followed EDL/BNP news for sometime you would have a better idea of what they wanted. I kind of have to because it I don't really like getting beaten up :tongue: Basically the area of East London Mosque has been targeted many times but police have not allowed anyone to do such things. By doing this they were being defiant and causing trouble.

Which is why the Mosque said this:

“Efforts to intimidate and marginalise our community have been relentless
Reply 8
Original post by The Angry Stoic
It doesn't make it ok. It just makes it ever slightly more understandable. Still very stupid though.

a bit weird coming from you but okay, whatever floats your boat :tongue:
Original post by Kutta
Hey Everyone, I recently read about Christian patrols who were roaming around Brick Lane / Whitechapel provoking the locals and being rude and abusive.

Now, this is not a thread to make fun of Christians or insult them. But it is more to spread awareness. This has not been reported by any of the main stream media which is why i feel I have to spread awareness.

Mosque Response:

http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/news/extremist-patrols-unwelcome-tower-hamlets

Video:

Local Media:

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/news/video_bishop_of_stepney_condemns_bnp_linked_christian_patrols_in_east_end_1_3282767

Nice cherry picking going on, ignore the muslim patrol threat ----> attack christian patrols.
Reply 10
Original post by James A
Nice cherry picking going on, ignore the muslim patrol threat ----> attack christian patrols.

Mate, thats not what i'm doing!

I hate the Muslim patrols as much as i hate Christian patrols or any other patrols.

btw

Claiming they were looking for a confrontation with ‘Muslim Patrols’, most of their actions involved driving up and down Brick Lane in an armoured Land Rover and swilling beer, before unfurling a ‘Resistance’ banner outside the mosque.

Had they done their research, Britain First would have known that the Muslim Patrols they claimed to be opposing were in fact imprisoned last year, directly as a result of reporting and diligence by members of the local Muslim community (the mosque was also active in reporting and removing stickers for ‘Sharia’ and ‘Gay Free Zones’).

The Muslim Patrols were linked to the banned extremist sect al-Muhajiroun, whose members have been actively opposed by the East London Mosque for many years. In our view, Britain First’s patrol does not represent Christians, just as al-Muhajiroun’s patrols did not represent Muslims. Both are tiny, extreme groups, unwelcome in our community.

:wink:
If the patrol gets rid of teenage gangs doing drugs and causing criminal damage by converting them to the Church of England faith that would be a miracle in its own right ... Well done Church of England... Hope it works.
Reply 12
ha ha ha!; they're messing with the bricklane boys!; there asking for trouble! :biggrin:
disgusting behaviour from anyone regardless of their religion and I'm sure you can find these men at church every Sunday :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by FredOrJohn
If the patrol gets rid of teenage gangs doing drugs and causing criminal damage by converting them to the Church of England faith that would be a miracle in its own right ... Well done Church of England... Hope it works.

Wait...

So you agree with it?

Reply 15
Original post by Kutta

Mosque Response:

Video:

Local Media:

They are just as much scum as the Muslim patrol. I doubt many of those Muslims they were harassing in response have even heard of the Muslim Patrols.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by chocolatesauce
disgusting behaviour from anyone regardless of their religion and I'm sure you can find these men at church every Sunday :rolleyes:

I certainly hope not! :cool:
Original post by Kutta
Wait...

So you agree with it?

Well in theory, going round the streets at night and handing out Church of England leaflets to thugs encouraging them to go to Church is "way out there" but I have absolutely no problem with it.... I've not read any of your links etc, just the concept of Churches trying to convert thugs seems a good idea - especially meeting them on their own turf.
Original post by Kutta
I certainly hope not! :cool:

tbh I've never seen any Hindu patrols on the streets, maybe I should be the first :tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by ActusReus
They are just as much scum as the Muslim patrol. I doubt many of those Muslims they were harassing in response have even heard of the Muslim Patrols.
scum/; the muslims are just shoving prossies away from the area; that's a good thing aint it?

Quick Reply