The Student Room Group

is Gloucester uni posh?

I will be applying to uni next year and one of my choices will be Gloucester, but today someone told me it was really posh? and it has really worried me because I wont fit in at all (I am from a council estate) how posh is it? my other choices will probably be Nottingham Trent and Anglia Ruskin, are they full of "posh" students? and will they dislike me because of my background? I know I am probably just being stupid but it does genuinely worry me.:colondollar:
Reply 1
If it's not Russell Group it's not posh.
Reply 2
So The Courtauld Institute of Art is not posh? Hey, what about the Royal Agricultural College? And Royal College of Music? Neither of those three are Russell Group by the way...
It would very much surprise me, as Gloucester itself is a dump (don't hate on me - I grew up there!).

However, why don't you try visiting it?
Reply 4
Original post by GB6991
So The Courtauld Institute of Art is not posh? Hey, what about the Royal Agricultural College? And Royal College of Music? Neither of those three are Russell Group by the way...

Completely different cases. You know it.
Reply 5
Original post by Old_Simon
Completely different cases. You know it.

Unless you were being sarcastic, your comment insinuated that any university outside the Russell Group is not posh (despite the fact that a lot of the RG universities aren't posh themselves). But then again, how does one define 'posh'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending