The Student Room Group

Mckinsey with a UCL degree

Hi,

The title is pretty much self explaining. Is it possible to become a management consultant at a top 3 management consulting firm with a UCL degree ? and if it is, how tough would it be ?

I am an offer holder for ESPS at UCL, and I am wondering if I should reapply to oxford since management consultancy since to be quite oxbridge dominated.

Finally, would it be better to transfer, if possible, to an economics Bsc?

Thank you very much in advance
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by vic252
Hi,

The title is pretty much self explaining. Is it possible to become a management consultant at a top 3 management consulting firm with a UCL degree ? and if it is, how tough would it be ?

I am an offer holder for ESPS at UCL, and I am wondering if I should reapply to oxford since management consultancy since to be quite oxbridge dominated.

Finally, would it be better to transfer, if possible, to an economics Bsc?

Thank you very much in advance

UCL straight Econ hasn't been taking transfers since I went there back in ancient history (getting on for ten years ago).

It's possible. Extremely tough. As in, less than one person a year tough (although that doesn't mean that there's only so few capable - just that many who are don't choose to go there).
Reply 2
Original post by President_Ben
UCL straight Econ hasn't been taking transfers since I went there back in ancient history (getting on for ten years ago).

It's possible. Extremely tough. As in, less than one person a year tough (although that doesn't mean that there's only so few capable - just that many who are don't choose to go there).

But would it in itself be an improvement from my European Social and Political Studies BA?
I had interviews with McKinsey and I'm from Cass Business School (undergrad)... I think they are very open about your education. My interviewers who were consultants did Modern History, English etc. at university.

Also, my boyfriend who just begun working at McKinsey in last year's grad intake did Computer Science at Bristol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by silhouettes123
I had interviews with McKinsey and I'm from Cass Business School (undergrad)... I think they are very open about your education. My interviewers who were consultants did Modern History, English etc. at university.

Also, my boyfriend who just begun working at McKinsey in last year's grad intake did Computer Science at Bristol.

Associate or Knowledge Centre?
As an undergrad (BSc Hons Management), my application was to the Business Analyst role ie consulting. Ultimately, while I didn't get an offer, it was great experience to interview and they fast-track you if you've passed the PST for future applications. My boyfriend is a BA at McKinsey, graduated MEng Computer Science with virtually no prior corporate experience.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending