The Student Room Group

Can i negotiate flat's rent?

well i would like to ask my potential landlord if it would be possible to lower the rent for 10 pounds - from 75 to 65. I am not sure it this is wise or realistic? Is this practiced? (its from 300 to 260, 270).

thank you
You can certainly try. If there is a lot of demand he will probably say no.
Reply 2
It's not common to negotiate with a landlord, no. If you're in a student-heavy area near a campus, then as balotelli saiys, the landlord will probably have no reason to lower his price as demand for student housing will be high. If you won't rent at his stated price, then he'll just rent to somoeone else who will.

Worth a try, but in your shoes I'd expect a very short negative answer, possibly accompanied by laughter.
Reply 3
Original post by Billy25
well i would like to ask my potential landlord if it would be possible to lower the rent for 10 pounds - from 75 to 65. I am not sure it this is wise or realistic? Is this practiced? (its from 300 to 260, 270).

thank you

10 pounds a week is a lot of money to ask him to drop it by, I can't see him saying yes as I'm sure he can just rent out the room to someone else who will pay full price.
Reply 4
she is prepard to drop 5 pounds. and no laughter was present :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I haggled for my house, and it worked. Don't ask, don't get - there's an oversupply of housing in a lot of areas. It does help if you leave it a bit later though - I signed in March - as LLs start to get worried around then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending