The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You can't even buy this **** cheaply in Sweden these days so don't hope to buy it cheap in UK.
Reply 2
Original post by Alfissti
You can't even buy this **** cheaply in Sweden these days so don't hope to buy it cheap in UK.

Damn :frown: I was hoping that maybe some IKEA would stock it somewhere xD... So £10 for a 400g tin of half rotten fish is the best price I can get?
Reply 3
Original post by locrian37
Damn :frown: I was hoping that maybe some IKEA would stock it somewhere xD... So £10 for a 400g tin of half rotten fish is the best price I can get?

It's about that price this time of the year, it isn't easy to find someone that will stock it.

You do realize that in Sweden it is always eaten outdoors for an extremely good reason?
Hi,

So we're coming up with food taboos to try while drunk, so far we've done the safe stuff like offfal, haggis, black pudding etc but we want to take it the next level and try surstromming..

Problem is, the only thing I could find puts it at a tenner a tin! Anyone got any places where I can buy this kind of stuff cheaply?

Beautiful stuff! :yep:
Reply 5
Original post by Alfissti
It's about that price this time of the year, it isn't easy to find someone that will stock it.

You do realize that in Sweden it is always eaten outdoors for an extremely good reason?

My friend (who went to some Scandanavian country once), said they opened it underwater (wouldn't the water ruin the fish?) and then ate it with a bag around it.
Bought some while on tour in Gothenburg in 2012. Brought it home on the coach. Yes indeed, cost about £10-12, and yes, pierce the tin while keeping it submerged in a bucket of water. The tins are usually under a fair amount of pressure by the time you get to opening it up, and you do not want the contents spraying on you. Depressurise it underwater then bring it out of the water and finish opening it. Always do all of this outside. We did it in my garden and the smell was so intense people were closing their windows four doors down. Tasty stuff! We ate it on crackers with finely diced raw onion. Lush :smile:
Hi,

So we're coming up with food taboos to try while drunk, so far we've done the safe stuff like offfal, haggis, black pudding etc but we want to take it the next level and try surstromming..

Problem is, the only thing I could find puts it at a tenner a tin! Anyone got any places where I can buy this kind of stuff cheaply?[/QUO
Skandikitchen .....bite the bullet it will feed 5 easy! its less than a tenner a tin!!!
Reply 9
Original post by Bigbadassal
Skandikitchen .....bite the bullet it will feed 5 easy! its less than a tenner a tin!!!

Yes but £6.50 delivery, so all around it costs around £15. Tasty stuff though I did buy from there and it was well packaged, came spot on and was high quality.
This is an old thread. Going to close it now.

Latest

Trending

Trending