The Student Room Group

Using a foundation year to apply elsewhere? advice needed

Hi,
I'm currently doing a science foundation at Queen Mary, and am enrolled to start a biology degree at QM straight after.
I've been told I can apply to other universities, and that if I do so, I can withdraw from my extended degree and take the foundation certificate as it is. Many of the students on the same course are signed up to just the foundation year, with a view to a degree after.
I've now decided to apply to biomed at a variety of universities (QM, KCL and UCL), and I think any offers will be around the 70% mark (for my foundation year).
King's have sent me the following email:

'Could you please confirm if the course you are currently on leads to a certified, stand-alone qualification, or if it is past of an extended degree designed to lead on to a course at another university?'

Does anyone know how I would respond to this? I don't know whether I should just say it is a standalone qualification, or explain in full detail?
Thanks so much if anyone can help.

Reply 1
Original post by arath

King's have sent me the following email:

'Could you please confirm if the course you are currently on leads to a certified, stand-alone qualification, or if it is past of an extended degree designed to lead on to a course at another university?'

Does anyone know how I would respond to this? I don't know whether I should just say it is a standalone qualification, or explain in full detail?
Thanks so much if anyone can help.

I would probably just explain to them what you have written in here - that it is a stand alone, certified qualification which could have allowed you to carry on to a degree at that university but you have chosen to take the qualification as it is and use it to apply for a different degree course. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending