The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Mature students at Queen Mary?

I'm 28 and i've got an offer from QMUL to study history & politics in September. Are there any other mature students planning on firming QMUL?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hieronymus
I'm 28 and i've got an offer from QMUL to study history & politics in September. Are there any other mature students planning on firming QMUL?

Hi! I have an offer from QM and I'm 90% sure that I will be firming them, I'll be 22 so not as mature as you lol but I'll studying International Relations.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by nohaynada
Hi! I have an offer from QM and I'm 90% sure that I will be firming them, I'll be 22 so not as mature as you lol but I'll studying International Relations.

Haha! Looks like i'll be the oldest then! Out of interest are you staying in halls?
Reply 3
Haha! Looks like i'll be the oldest then! Out of interest are you staying in halls?

Yep I'll be applying for halls, their accommodation looks so nice, what about you?
Reply 4
Probably not. I think i'm a bit too old to be honest!
Reply 5

Hey! I've got an offer for maths & i'm 26 at the moment (27 by September), so you wont be on your own :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Halapino
Hey! I've got an offer for maths & i'm 26 at the moment (27 by September), so you wont be on your own :smile:

Good to know! It seems some universities have a lot of older students, it doesn't look like QMUL has too many. Hopefully we won't stand out too much!
Reply 7

I'm also 28 - *IF* I get an offer after my interview (yet to happen), I'll be confirming QMOL as my 1st choice :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Futebol
I'm also 28 - *IF* I get an offer after my interview (yet to happen), I'll be confirming QMOL as my 1st choice :smile:

What are you studying?
Reply 9
[h="1"]Hispanic Studies and Linguistics :colondollar:[/h]
Reply 10
Original post by Futebol
Hispanic Studies and Linguistics :colondollar:

Sounds good. Are you Spanish or just interested in the subject?
Reply 11
Sounds good. Are you Spanish or just interested in the subject?

Just interested in the subject!
Reply 12
Original post by Futebol
Just interested in the subject!

Cool. Good luck with it!
Reply 13

I too have an offer for History and Politics at QMUL, starting Sept '14. I'm 34 so you may not be the oldest!

I'm still debating between QMUL and Goldsmith's.
Reply 14
Original post by gyromancer
I too have an offer for History and Politics at QMUL, starting Sept '14. I'm 34 so you may not be the oldest!

I'm still debating between QMUL and Goldsmith's.

I've applied to Goldsmiths too. I prefer the modules at QMUL though so it's my first choice at the moment. What area/period of history are you interested in?
Reply 15
I've applied to Goldsmiths too. I prefer the modules at QMUL though so it's my first choice at the moment. What area/period of history are you interested in?

Previously my interest was 18th Century history and I've maintained an interest in this area as a hobby since school. However, as I'm returning after many years out of structured study (feel pretty nervous about that - ha ha), I'm taking a fresh look and am quite open minded about potential areas of interest. I hope to explore a range.

I visited Goldsmiths last week and was impressed, particularly by the thematic methods they employ to teach the subjects.

On the other hand, the QMUL modules look vast and, if I'm concerned about rankings, it's a no brainer really - QM wins out. Just not sure how much credence I should give to the rankings....(?)

I need to visit QM. Got the offer a couple of weeks back but have heard nothing about offer days etc. Have you?
Reply 16
I hadn't formally studied history until i went back to college this year. Previously i'd just read whatever i was interested in. I want to study modern European history. The range of modules at QMUL look excellent and it'll give me the opportunity to study everything i'm interested in, mainly 19th and early 20th century British, German and Russian history and a bit of intellectual history. I haven't heard anything about an open day for offer holders. I emailed admissions about it a few weeks ago but didn't get a reply. I might ask about it on one of the threads here and see if i get a response. I'm keen to visit QMUL as its certainly my first choice at the moment. I'm not too concerned with the rankings, i'm going to base my decision on the content of the course.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
I hadn't formally studied history until i went back to college this year. Previously i'd just read whatever i was interested in. I want to study modern European history. The range of modules at QMUL look excellent and it'll give me the opportunity to study everything i'm interested in, mainly 19th and early 20th century British, German and Russian history and a bit of intellectual history. I haven't heard anything about an open day for offer holders. I emailed admissions about it a few weeks ago but didn't get a reply. I might ask about it on one of the threads here and see if i get a response. I'm keen to visit QMUL as its certainly my first choice at the moment. I'm not too concerned with the rankings, i'm going to base my decision on the content of the course.

I think I agree with you about the rankings...

. If there is an offer day I'll hopefully see you there
Reply 18
Let me know if you hear anything.
Reply 19
Let me know if you hear anything.

I got mailed about an offer day on 19th March. I'm guessing everyone has.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending