The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Need A Room for 2014-15 Academic Year

Hi!

My name's Robin, and I'm a first-year Journalism student at Sheffield. I'm currently looking for flats/houses for next year and don't have anyone to share with.

I'm reasonably clean (my room gets cluttered but I don't leave the kitchen in a state) and pretty much keep myself to myself - I'm not one for doing much partying but don't really care if you do.

Frankly I'm open to living with pretty much anyone who's got a spare room. It'd be nice to go see the place, although I'm not too fussed as long as it's liveable enough for nine months.

Price range again is pretty much anything under £130 per week with bills, and bills included would be nice.

Let me know if you've got anything or would like to know more.
Hi Robin,

If you want advice on finding housing in Sheffield, the University of Sheffield Property Shop (propertywithUS) should be able to help you - they are a University service but deal in non-University accommodation (so flats and houses that are let through private landlords and letting agents). They have plenty of properties on their books and can advise you on the best areas to live based on what you need. They also have plenty of rooms in shared houses listed, as there's always a student house somewhere that's after a new housemate! I'd say with your budget you'd be able to find somewhere pretty nice in one of the good student areas close to campus.

You can contact propertywithUS by emailing [email protected] or phoning 0114 2226058. You can also access their housing finder website here: https://www.shef.ac.uk/housingfinder

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck with your search!

Best wishes

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
If you have £130 per week for housing then it might be worth looking into non student flats, e.g. a one bedroom flat just to yourself.
Original post by MrNameless
Hi!

My name's Robin, and I'm a first-year Journalism student at Sheffield. I'm currently looking for flats/houses for next year and don't have anyone to share with.

I'm reasonably clean (my room gets cluttered but I don't leave the kitchen in a state) and pretty much keep myself to myself - I'm not one for doing much partying but don't really care if you do.

Frankly I'm open to living with pretty much anyone who's got a spare room. It'd be nice to go see the place, although I'm not too fussed as long as it's liveable enough for nine months.

Price range again is pretty much anything under £130 per week with bills, and bills included would be nice.

Let me know if you've got anything or would like to know more.

Would you be ok sharing with 3, but 3 really nice, girls? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending