The Student Room Group

Liverpool F.C. vs Arsenal F.C.

Scroll to see replies

at least arsenal fans wont spout that rubbish about the unbeaten with koscienly and merty playing theyd of bin beaten long before one of them just kept going off injured when arsenal were being battered
Reply 261
Gööd game.
Reply 262
Wow what a game!!We've got so many SAS in our ranks. Today was all about skrtel and sterling!

And very sad for Suarez for not getting a goal.. Didn't see who the motm was anyone knows?
Reply 263
Original post by RedArrow
Wow what a game!!We've got so many SAS in our ranks. Today was all about skrtel and sterling!

And very sad for Suarez for not getting a goal.. Didn't see who the motm was anyone knows?

It was Sterling and very well deserved
Reply 264
Original post by So Instinct
Did you bet like I told you too :colonhash:

Nope, I didn't.

I'd have betted on City and United to win on my accumulator. So it was a good call not to bet.
Reply 265
Original post by So Instinct
Did you bet like I told you too :colonhash:

Nope, I didn't.

I'd have betted on City and United to win on my accumulator. So it was a good call not to bet. I reckon I'm very good at calling individual results in big games, but not so good in doing it over a bunch of games. Simple maths though.
Original post by Zürich
:colone:

I would just like to reply to all of your posts on the front page....

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 267
Original post by Zürich
Got to be honest and say I am very relaxed about going to Anfield. Tactically Rodger's Liverpool are the kind of team Wenger would like to play every week. Of course the danger is Suarez/Sturridge but our defence completely shut them out in Nov and in particular, I dont think Suarez is suited to playing against Koscielny who is very aggressive and quick. Arsenal will dominate possession, but our lack of width means penetration will have to come from AOC/Gibbs. Looking at the LFC defence though, you'd have to fancy AFC to score a few though. I can see Kolo Toure getting pulled out of position quite easily and allowing us to play our way through. Cazorla is on form atm so think he'll be important too.

Gerrard was terribly poor at the Emirates, was completely static and ineffectual. And that time they had Lucas. Is Joe Allen going to keep it together against Ozil/Cazorla/Rosicky? I very much doubt it. Important for Arteta to have a disciplined game to watch for the counters and Gibbs will need to be a bit careful about Sterling who's having a good end to the season.

I'd go:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta AOC
Rosicky Ozil Cazorla
Groud

Prediction: 1-0 to the Arsenal.

:adore:
Ah yes, the time of day and location of the match really wasn't taken into account was it? Would things have been different if it was a 1500 or 1730 or 2000 kick-off?
Reply 269
Ar5ena1.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
I would just like to reply to all of your posts on the front page....

Spoiler

Liverpool were almost as good as WBA last night. Tough team, but you've done well to take 2 points from 6 given the refereeing at the reverse fixture in Nov. :wink:
Reply 271
Original post by Zürich
Liverpool were almost as good as WBA last night. Tough team, but you've done well to take 2 points from 6 given the refereeing at the reverse fixture in Nov. :wink:

Meh, should have got a pen this game, we were cheated. Now I understand how West Brom fans feel.
Do we use this thread for the FA cup game for Sunday?

Zurich, are you as confident for Sunday? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest