The Student Room Group

Driving Instructor Is Ignoring Me!

So I haven't had a driving lesson in a month now, firstly because it was the Christmas holidays and he wasn't teaching anybody, which is understandable. So I waited till the new year and asked to book a lesson after my university hand ins, which was fine, but stupid me did 3 all nighters in a row to make sure I had everything handed in, which messed my sleeping pattern up.

My lesson was the day after my last hand in, and on top of my messed up sleeping pattern, my alarm didn't go off, so I didn't wake up until my driving instructor had text me, to say to re-arrange and that he would have to charge me for the lesson. I text back and apologised immediately, explaining my alarm hadn't gone off, and I ran downstairs on the off-chance that he was still there (he wasn't of course).

He hasn't text me back since the incident, so I thought it might be better to hold off lessons for a couple of weeks until I went back to uni, so I've texted him this week apologising once again, explaining I wanted to hold off until I got back into a routine with uni, and asking if I can book a lesson this week or next, and he hasn't replied.

I know that I'm to blame for most of this, and I've took responsibilty and apologized, but I've paid for ten lessons from my instructor and I haven't had them all, no more than 6 or 7 of them. Surely I'm owed my lessons or my money back for the lessons I haven't had? Or at least an explanation that he wants to drop me? I don't want to lose my driving instructor because I actually really enjoy my lessons, and he's a great instructor, doesn't get mad or shout or anything, but I feel like I have no choice at the moment.

Any help guys?
Reply 1
If you've paid for something, he needs to deliver the service.

Keep trying to contact him. If he doesn't respond, get in touch with a debt collection agency.
Reply 2
Text messages can be unreliable. Have you tried calling him?
Yeah if you've payed for the lessons you deserve to get them but I would say try calling if he hasn't replied to your texts :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Advisor
Text messages can be unreliable. Have you tried calling him?

Exactly. ....why do people text important thing. ......a phone can be used to call....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending