The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Chemistry at Warwick

Hello,

Anyone doing chemistry at warwick got any core book recommendation?
Reply 1
Original post by Setsuna
Hello,

Anyone doing chemistry at warwick got any core book recommendation?

I would like to point you to this post. As you can see, all core text books are free on enrollment.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Any book useful that you would recommend buying?
Reply 3
Original post by Setsuna
Any book useful that you would recommend buying?

You don't need any... The three core text books, that you get free, cover your first 3 years of your degree.
Reply 4
Original post by Nirgilis
You don't need any... The three core text books, that you get free, cover your first 3 years of your degree.

I see, it's just that my sister has some book credit left over from her university days, thus I was just thinking is there any book I need.

Do you get the core books electronically or?
Reply 5
Original post by Setsuna
I see, it's just that my sister has some book credit left over from her university days, thus I was just thinking is there any book I need.

Do you get the core books electronically or?

Well, if you have book credit, you can get Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry, but you don't need that till second year.

The main three books are provided as actual, hard-copy text books. The department's giving you these £40 text books for free!
Reply 6
Original post by Nirgilis
Well, if you have book credit, you can get Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry, but you don't need that till second year.

The main three books are provided as actual, hard-copy text books. The department's giving you these £40 text books for free!

ah thanks, what year are you currently in?
Reply 7
As previously said, all core textbooks are free. You pick them up from the bookstore.

You will need to buy a lab coat and a modelling kit though (I'm not sure why though, I've never used mine!). These are both available from the bookshop too.

Also, Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry has been invaluable to me, but again, as said you won't even look at it until second year! & it only gets more useful as you go on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending