The Student Room Group

340 UCAS points solely from 3 A-levels?

I have an offer from QMUL which states that I need to achieve "340 UCAS points from 3 A-levels". Does this mean I can't add on any UCAS points from a dropped AS level (and thus have a lower offer)?
Thats what it sounds like - 3 x complete A levels with no AS points - but if you want clarification just phone the Uni and check.
It's very unlikely they'll take into account your dropped AS level for this offer, although as Returnmigrant says there is no harm in calling or emailing to check.

340 points is equivalent to AAB at A-level but if you could also include a B grade dropped AS, it would drop to BBB. It sounds like they have designed the offer this way so that the students they accept will not be included in student number controls.
Reply 3
I agree that it sounds like they want all 340 points to come from 3 A levels and don't include additional AS levels in the offer. However, it's really important that you understand your offer and so if you are in doubt it's always worth asking for clarification.
Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely email the university and ask :smile:

Quick Reply