The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University PGCE Primary/Early Years 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

I'm in my first year at Exeter university but I'm starting a different cours - primary education at Plymouth in September.

Thanks!!

It's so much cheaper to commute!!
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by lewoco92
I did have a brief look on student pad, it confused me haha! My friend is doing a paramedic course in Plymouth and he said that a Facebook page was set up for his course and he found housemates through that? so that might be an idea...

I've done enough hours yes, but they were in a secondary school so I have to do 10 days in a primary before July :biggrin: I've literally just booked the skills test! its on June 3rd, Im awful at Maths :frown: any revision tips haha?!

Lew :smile:

Oo that's an idea.. shall I set up a page?! If we can find some others to live with we could have a PGCE house, very handy :biggrin:

Yeaah I have to do that too as my placement was in Wales, but the more experience the better! Hmmm well don't be scared by the practice questions, just keep working through them and you'll get quicker (although I'm pretty sure I just about scraped a pass). Its been so long since we had to do Maths, shock to the system!
Reply 22
Original post by robynmoore
Oo that's an idea.. shall I set up a page?! If we can find some others to live with we could have a PGCE house, very handy :biggrin:

Yeaah I have to do that too as my placement was in Wales, but the more experience the better! Hmmm well don't be scared by the practice questions, just keep working through them and you'll get quicker (although I'm pretty sure I just about scraped a pass). Its been so long since we had to do Maths, shock to the system!

YESSS set one up :biggrin:! aha :smile: and yeahh definately! I think it would be cool living with other PGCE people :biggrin: let me know the name of the page when you have created it :biggrin:?

Very true! I'm just waiting now for my dissertation results, then i can confirm my spot haha, I haven't done maths for ages either, but i've been scraping passes on the online mock tests so should be OK haha :colondollar:,

I just want to sort some accommodation out in honesty, i'd hate it to get to like mid -july and still have nowhere haha!
Original post by lewoco92
YESSS set one up :biggrin:! aha :smile: and yeahh definately! I think it would be cool living with other PGCE people :biggrin: let me know the name of the page when you have created it :biggrin:?

Very true! I'm just waiting now for my dissertation results, then i can confirm my spot haha, I haven't done maths for ages either, but i've been scraping passes on the online mock tests so should be OK haha :colondollar:,

I just want to sort some accommodation out in honesty, i'd hate it to get to like mid -july and still have nowhere haha!

Right! The page is in motion! Looking very lonely haha, its called plymouth pgce primary/early years accommodation. Hopefully people will be able to find it :smile:

I'd much rather look for accommodation sooner rather than later too, so much easier to have something organised and knowing the people you'll be living with! Fingers crossed we'll be getting the grades to get in haha!
I have set up a general page as well. It is called Plymouth PGCE primary/early years 2014/15. I was hoping to set up a group but Facebook will only let me do that if I have friends I can add so hopefully if people like the page I can add them and then set up a proper group so it is more private.
Reply 25
I found the pages finally haha!

Nice one for Setting them up :smile:
Hey,

I have a house you may be interested in, it backs onto the uni so it is really close. It is currently being refurbished ready for September so will be nice and modern. It is a 7 bedroom house with 5 doubles and 1 single available and 2 bathrooms. Rent starts from £79 which includes all bills tv licence and internet. Let me know if you are interested as a group or individuals :smile:
Hi guys,

I've just finished my PGCE

I'm selling my books which cost me £120 at the start of the year, they're on eBay for a fraction of the price new,

Search katrina1236 on eBay, and they should come up

Good luck

X
Does anybody know more about what the plan is for induction week? Just a basic idea about what to expect. Its getting very close now...both scary and exciting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending