The Student Room Group

Manchester Airport Group (MAG) Graduate Scheme

Hi,

Just wanted to create this post for anyone that applied to any of the Manchester Airport Groups (MAG) graduate schemes.

I applied to their Airport Management scheme myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Didn't get through to their AC which was really bizarre. I thought the telephone interview went really well but I'm thinking they're looking for more analytical / operation-oriented people than customer focus. Good luck Peter!
Reply 2
Original post by jr.2014
Didn't get through to their AC which was really bizarre. I thought the telephone interview went really well but I'm thinking they're looking for more analytical / operation-oriented people than customer focus. Good luck Peter!

Cheers! Sorry though that you didn't get through! It's really hard to fully understand what these HR people are actually after half the time anyways! Same thing happened me with a placement telephone interview-thought it went well but got rejected!

I know of one other person who applied to MAG but got a rejection at the first stage - but his CV etc is pretty good and he seemed like a good candidate! So that was weird! But just us 3 I know of who applied.

My background and degrees are transport/aviation based, so perhaps that has helped me?!

Congrats on getting through to the final stage of LfB with BA! That's a major accomplishment knowing that soooo many applied. I applied to the LfB too, but got a rejection straight away - it was those situational / personality questions that did it i think.

Have you applied to any other similar grad schemes?
Reply 3
what type of questions did the ask in the phone interview??
Reply 4
Original post by gedoo1
what type of questions did the ask in the phone interview??

Emm I had mine 2 months ago, lol, can't remember the specifics, but it was the usual; they asked 3 or 4 competency based questions, and one was on team work and another on dealing with negative feedback or something to that extent! She went through main points of my CV, why I went to that particular uni & course, and about my work experience and why the aviation industry! No real questions about MAG I don't think, was more about getting to know me! But overall a very pleasant telephone interview and she put me at ease!

Is this for the engineering scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by pdrumm546
Emm I had mine 2 months ago, lol, can't remember the specifics, but it was the usual; they asked 3 or 4 competency based questions, and one was on team work and another on dealing with negative feedback or something to that extent! She went through main points of my CV, why I went to that particular uni & course, and about my work experience and why the aviation industry! No real questions about MAG I don't think, was more about getting to know me! But overall a very pleasant telephone interview and she put me at ease!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you make it to the assessment center if so how was it?
Also do you know how many people they are taking on in the engineering scheme?
Reply 6
Original post by LowRider
Did you make it to the assessment center if so how was it?
Also do you know how many people they are taking on in the engineering scheme?

Hi! Yea I made it to the AC and was offered and have accepted a place on their Airport Management grad scheme!

The AC was very good and well planned I thought! There were 2 group exercises, essays, a presentation and an interview! They took on 3 for the airport management, and in total they are taking 7 grads this year, so it has to be 1 grad for engineering, asset management, capital delivery and finance!

I was really impressed with MAG during the assessment day and gladly accepted their offer when they called me the next day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes for the engineering scheme
Reply 8
Original post by gedoo1
yes for the engineering scheme

Ah ok. I think all the other grad schemes have had their assessment days and final decisions been made.

So last but not least is engineering! Ha :-)

Are the telephone interviews next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ah ok. I think all the other grad schemes have had their assessment days and final decisions been made.

So last but not least is engineering! Ha :-)

Are the telephone interviews next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

monday and tuesday.

thanks for the info on the questions
Reply 10
Original post by gedoo1
monday and tuesday.

thanks for the info on the questions

No problem at all! Good luck for the telephone interview!! If you need any other info/help just let me know. Happy to help! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
hey, What graduate scheme you applied for?
Reply 12
Hi! Yea I made it to the AC and was offered and have accepted a place on their Airport Management grad scheme!

The AC was very good and well planned I thought! There were 2 group exercises, essays, a presentation and an interview! They took on 3 for the airport management, and in total they are taking 7 grads this year, so it has to be 1 grad for engineering, asset management, capital delivery and finance!

I was really impressed with MAG during the assessment day and gladly accepted their offer when they called me the next day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey What graduate scheme you applied for? I recently applied for Finance Graduate scheme,

My sort of essays you have to write?

Any information would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 13
Hi

I am thinking of applying for the airport management grad scheme for 2015. I wanted to know what kind of activities you are doing and which airport are you at?
Reply 14
Original post by pma252
Hey What graduate scheme you applied for? I recently applied for Finance Graduate scheme,

My sort of essays you have to write?

Any information would be much appreciated :smile:

Hi, I'm on the airport management scheme!
The essays were only mini essays and were fairly simple, nothing too difficult! I don't think they formed the main bit of the assessment centre to be honest!
Only in my 7 week and I'm loving MAG so far!
We have been to quite a few career fairs so far this past few weeks, which uni u at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by samm1
Hi

I am thinking of applying for the airport management grad scheme for 2015. I wanted to know what kind of activities you are doing and which airport are you at?

Hi! Last year there was only the one airport management graduate scheme based at Manchester!
There's the 3 areas, airport management, passenger services and customer services
My first placement is within passenger services - currently working on a project within the car park operations team to get a new system live! Everyday brings something new-even in the car parks team!
Have you sent off your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

I would like to apply for the MAG graduate scheme (commercial - retail) and I am about to write my Cover Letter.
Many of you have mentioned further steps of the recruitment process but I'd be interested to know what kind of points the MAG wants to read in the CL as motivation. The job description does not give a great explanation of the role and I am afraid to end up writing nonsense.
Thank you!
Reply 17
Does anyone know if there is meant to be a specific address for the cover letter?
Reply 18
Original post by ctmcr2000
Hi all,

I would like to apply for the MAG graduate scheme (commercial - retail) and I am about to write my Cover Letter.
Many of you have mentioned further steps of the recruitment process but I'd be interested to know what kind of points the MAG wants to read in the CL as motivation. The job description does not give a great explanation of the role and I am afraid to end up writing nonsense.
Thank you!

Hi,
I just showed my interest for MAG and my interest for the aviation industry in my cover letter. I also mentioned a few things that I could bring to the company and why I wanted to work for them. I didn't fill the whole page completely, had a few paragraphs! It worked for me! Haha just sell yourself in your cover letter, mainly the most important points from your CV, along with why MAG and the things you can bring! That's what I feel a cover letter should be, but I'm not a HR expert, but as I said it worked for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by jwest
Does anyone know if there is meant to be a specific address for the cover letter?

Hi, I can't recall what I put down as the address, but I think I put down "HR Department, Olympic House, Manchester Airport" and the postcode which I don't know to hand! Haha
It's not very important, so something like that would be grand!
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest