The Student Room Group

What are you most worried about?

Someone once said the things that you are most anxious and worried about may not happen.

What are you most worried about in life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Developing caffeine-related psychosis. :sadnod:

Reasons:
- I already occasionally suffer from alcohol-related psychosis
- I still haven't given up drinking, just I do it more moderately now
- therefore I don't have the greatest gift for self-preservation
- I drink a ****-ton more coffee than I do alcohol
- there is no way I'm ever stopping my coffee addiction
- therefore I would be ****ed :tongue:
My mother figure hating me. She ignores my existence now, which is good enough reason for me to suspect that she hates me :nopity:
Reply 3
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My mother figure hating me. She ignores my existence now, which is good enough reason for me to suspect that she hates me :nopity:

:hugs: No sane person who knows you would ever hate you. :nah: So either she's even crazier than us, or she doesn't hate you! :tongue:

Alternative reasons why she might be ignoring you: you might complicate her life more than she can deal with right now, she might be ashamed of something she's done herself, she might be *incredibly busy* and have her priorities wrong, plus probably other reasons too.
life, cancer, poverty
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: No sane person who knows you would ever hate you. :nah: So either she's even crazier than us, or she doesn't hate you! :tongue:

Alternative reasons why she might be ignoring you: you might complicate her life more than she can deal with right now, she might be ashamed of something she's done herself, she might be *incredibly busy* and have her priorities wrong, plus probably other reasons too.

Thank you :jumphug: :colondollar: :dontknow:

She is crazier than most people in MHSS :tongue:
Reply 6
I'm most worried about losing myself without my own consent and knowledge. I'd gladly slip away on my own terms, but, on something or somebody else's? Nooope.
I don't know if it counts, but dying :tongue: which sadly is definitely going to happen :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something ruining my life. Right now I'm the happiest I've ever been and pretty much everyday I worry about something happening that would ruin my happiness.
Reply 9
Original post by Sabertooth
Something ruining my life. Right now I'm the happiest I've ever been and pretty much everyday I worry about something happening that would ruin my happiness.

Not saying you can help it, but what's the point in worrying about something when you don't even know what you're worrying about? There's nothing specific for you to be focussing your fears on, so it's not as if you can prevent this thing from happening by worrying about it. What would be more constructive is to focus on making your happiness as stable as possible, e.g. putting money aside in case of financial difficulties, looking after yourself physically (which I know you're already doing :yy:), stuff like that. Then if something did happen you'd be in a better position to weather the storm. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
Not saying you can help it, but what's the point in worrying about something when you don't even know what you're worrying about? There's nothing specific for you to be focussing your fears on, so it's not as if you can prevent this thing from happening by worrying about it. What would be more constructive is to focus on making your happiness as stable as possible, e.g. putting money aside in case of financial difficulties, looking after yourself physically (which I know you're already doing :yy:), stuff like that. Then if something did happen you'd be in a better position to weather the storm. :smile:

You're right, there's no sense in worrying about some unknown problem occurring. In fact it kind of detracts from enjoying the happiness I am experiencing by worrying about it ending. We do have a bit of a safety net in place if things do go wrong but there's some things that would miss the net. Maybe this is something I should talk to my psychologist about....:beard:
Original post by Sabertooth
You're right, there's no sense in worrying about some unknown problem occurring. In fact it kind of detracts from enjoying the happiness I am experiencing by worrying about it ending. We do have a bit of a safety net in place if things do go wrong but there's some things that would miss the net. Maybe this is something I should talk to my psychologist about....:beard:

Sounds like a plan. :yy:
Having no friends for the rest of my life
Losing someone close to me, it worries me because I can't control it
Reply 14
Spending my whole life alone having never experienced a relationship, let alone love, and with my deteriorating social anxiety/avpd and MH problems it seems very likely right now, I just wonder what is the point of life if you don't have anyone to share it with?
Reply 15
Never being able to get over my panic attacks and that I'll remain pretty much house bound forever :frown:
People discovering about my hirsutism and pcos..something I have to fight with every single day of my life. This has lead me to have depression, anxiety problems and panick attacks that I get often... Won't ever wish anything like this even on my worst enemy.
That I won't get a good grade in my degree

...that's what it is at the moment at least.
That I can't control my drinking. Like I'll give it up for so long, but then I just start again :frown:
Reply 19
That anti-biotics will stop being effective, stem-cell / cancer research making no progress, homophobia becoming worse globally, dystopic government activities, irreversible environmental degradation, continuing economic and social inequality... but to name a few :tongue:

And going bald, because as a 17 year old with Male-pattern baldness (still have all my hair for now) I really cannot see myself rocking the bald look in my mid-thirties, when I intend to be at my peak ._.

Quick Reply

Latest