The Student Room Group

HSBC Summer Work Experience Placement Events

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nush1597
Omg your such a great help!! Thanks a lot :') btw what work experience have you applied for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's no problem at all! I'm just glad that I could be of any help.

As I said, this was on the HSBC website and that's why I am taking this advice quite seriously.

I applied for the Branch Network Work Experience Placement in my local branch and the Corporate Centre Work Experience Placement in London. This is because I can easily access my local branch and the London opportunity seems very good and I hope to work with corporate clients or in the investment banking sector in the future. How about you? By the way how old are you / What school year are you in? I'm in Year 10.
yeah after doing the above mentioned got an email saying to book an interview, What locations did you apply for? how did you here about the work experience? p
currently 17. Doing my AS's
Reply 23
Original post by londoncricket
That's no problem at all! I'm just glad that I could be of any help.

As I said, this was on the HSBC website and that's why I am taking this advice quite seriously.

I applied for the Branch Network Work Experience Placement in my local branch and the Corporate Centre Work Experience Placement in London. This is because I can easily access my local branch and the London opportunity seems very good and I hope to work with corporate clients or in the investment banking sector in the future. How about you? By the way how old are you / What school year are you in? I'm in Year 10.

Aww hahaha thanks a lot again :') yeah Ik I totally get you like I think I'm taking it way to seriously but that doesn't hurt I guess XD Ohh right okay that's cool! I have applied for payment services and global delivery change whatever that is at London so I'm quite excited about that actually ^.^ I'm 16 in year 12 :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by PlainSailing
yeah after doing the above mentioned got an email saying to book an interview, What locations did you apply for? how did you here about the work experience? p

Like I said I applied for payment services and global delivery change at London so hopefully it will be corporate and not retail since I'm more into corporate anyways! I actually went to a skills fair at excel couple of months ago where I actually heard about this so yeah! What have you applied for? And also don't mind me asking but what a levels do you do? :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing AS Maths, Sociology, ICT, and got an AS in Biology (also doing a btec equivalent to 2 a levels in 'medical science' to fall back on). You?
Reply 26
Doing AS Maths, Sociology, ICT, and got an AS in Biology (also doing a btec equivalent to 2 a levels in 'medical science' to fall back on). You?

Haha omg quite sciencey from me I guess XD I do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Btw what work experience have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I tried physics, didn't like it and it was taught awfully, most unis don't prefer economics, went more liberal. Branch Network Work Experience and Relationship Managed Business Banking Work Experience, both Liverpool.
Original post by nush1597
Aww hahaha thanks a lot again :') yeah Ik I totally get you like I think I'm taking it way to seriously but that doesn't hurt I guess XD Ohh right okay that's cool! I have applied for payment services and global delivery change whatever that is at London so I'm quite excited about that actually ^.^ I'm 16 in year 12 :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi all,

I think I have been rejected for the Corporate Centre Placement in London because on the 10 of February they updated the status for both my applications. For the Branch Network Placement, I got an interview status, but for the Corporate Centre one, I just got 'completed'. I was just wondering if you could check out your job page on HSBC Jobs to see what's been posted there for you?

And, by the way, have any of you Year 12s considered any of the banking work placements on : http://www.studentladder.co.uk/gcse/banking.html ?

The link says GCSE, but it has a load of stuff for Year 12s. Check it out.
Reply 30
Just had my telephone interview. Was quite nervous at the start and I felt it didn't go well but we we will see if I get rejected or not : ( The interviewer gave me 2 questions to answer, questions are roughly like this:

1. Tell me about a time where you have helped someone and made a difference to their life.
2. Tell me about a time when you have done the right thing when others may have not

Hope it helps!
Reply 31
Anyone else done their interview?
Reply 32
Payment services for me. Good luck on your interview. Its quite difficult to prepare for it since you don't know what question your going to get. You have to be quite spontaneous.
Reply 33
Thanks:smile:. Has anyone applied for corporate real estate in canary wharf? On taleo it only says complete, which is unusual.
Reply 34
I have my interview this Thursday and now I feel completely unprepared :/ I have applied for two positions but only got an interview for one of them which is payments services in city of London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Best of luck with your interview.
Reply 36
Original post by londoncricket
Hi all,

I think I have been rejected for the Corporate Centre Placement in London because on the 10 of February they updated the status for both my applications. For the Branch Network Placement, I got an interview status, but for the Corporate Centre one, I just got 'completed'. I was just wondering if you could check out your job page on HSBC Jobs to see what's been posted there for you?

And, by the way, have any of you Year 12s considered any of the banking work placements on : http://www.studentladder.co.uk/gcse/banking.html ?

The link says GCSE, but it has a load of stuff for Year 12s. Check it out.

Hi,

I am on the waiting list for the interview and I got the same status as you.
Reply 37
Original post by rishirabs
Best of luck with your interview.

Thanks! You too (y)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by rishirabs
Hi,

I am on the waiting list for the interview and I got the same status as you.

Where do you find this information from? Like the status of your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
They sent me a direct email, which was strange considering they normally send an email saying that hsbc resourcing has sent you an email and you have to log onto taleo to view it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending