The Student Room Group

HSBC Summer Work Experience Placement Events

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Did you get a reply? My interviewer said that I would get the result directly through an email they would send.
Reply 41
I havent had an interview yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by nush1597
I have my interview this Thursday and now I feel completely unprepared :/ I have applied for two positions but only got an interview for one of them which is payments services in city of London

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did your interview go?
Reply 43
Original post by rishirabs
How did your interview go?

Oh god this interview :/ idk it went okay like I tried to answer their questions but the lady had to keep repeating her questions because somehow I wasnt answering her specific questions :frown: oh god how desperately I want this work experience LOL :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Oh god this interview :/ idk it went okay like I tried to answer their questions but the lady had to keep repeating her questions because somehow I wasnt answering her specific questions :frown: oh god how desperately I want this work experience LOL :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What questions did she ask? Sounds like it went okay which is good, I hope you get it.
Reply 45
What questions did she ask? Sounds like it went okay which is good, I hope you get it.

She asked me 2 questions:
1. In what way have I had an impact in someone's life or made a difference to their life
2. When have I done the right thing when others haven't

I hope it went good enough to be accepted tbh lool XD when's your interview again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
She asked me 2 questions:
1. In what way have I had an impact in someone's life or made a difference to their life
2. When have I done the right thing when others haven't

I hope it went good enough to be accepted tbh lool XD when's your interview again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview is tomorrow. What answer did you give to those questions?
Reply 47
My interview is tomorrow. What answer did you give to those questions?

Ohh okay good luck! (y)
Well my answers were:
1. Basically I did this summer programme called the challenge not sure if you have heard about it or not. But in this challenge thing we had to go to a disability center. So I just said I went there and helped them and did a fund raiser for them
2. I did dofe and this one time we were hopelessly lost so my friends wanted to use the gps on the phone to get out of the farm but that's like forbidden. So I said no coz it's wrong

Basically those were my answers more or less...
Tell me how your interview goes! Btw what year are you in?
Reply 48
Ohh okay good luck! (y)
Well my answers were:
1. Basically I did this summer programme called the challenge not sure if you have heard about it or not. But in this challenge thing we had to go to a disability center. So I just said I went there and helped them and did a fund raiser for them
2. I did dofe and this one time we were hopelessly lost so my friends wanted to use the gps on the phone to get out of the farm but that's like forbidden. So I said no coz it's wrong

Basically those were my answers more or less...
Tell me how your interview goes! Btw what year are you in?

Your answers are good. I will tell you how it went tomorrow. I m in year 11, you?
Reply 49
Your answers are good. I will tell you how it went tomorrow. I m in year 11, you?

Aha thanks it was quite spontaneous so obviously my answers didn't flow as well but I tried lol XD I'm in Year 12 haha hence why I'm desperate loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Hi again
Had my interview, it went okay. Did someone called Maria interview you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheApple8
Just had my telephone interview. Was quite nervous at the start and I felt it didn't go well but we we will see if I get rejected or not : ( The interviewer gave me 2 questions to answer, questions are roughly like this:

1. Tell me about a time where you have helped someone and made a difference to their life.
2. Tell me about a time when you have done the right thing when others may have not

Hope it helps!

I had the same type of format!

Thanks:smile:. Has anyone applied for corporate real estate in canary wharf? On taleo it only says complete, which is unusual.

Hi,

I am on the waiting list for the interview and I got the same status as you.

I have been put on the reserve list as well. I got the direct email as well.

My interviewer was quite 'call centre' like if you know what I mean.
Reply 52
Hi again
Had my interview, it went okay. Did someone called Maria interview you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good :') how did you reply to the questions? Or were they different to mine? And oh idk I didn't quite catch her name but she was eastern European I think coz she had kind of an accent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's good :') how did you reply to the questions? Or were they different to mine? And oh idk I didn't quite catch her name but she was eastern European I think coz she had kind of an accent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, she had an accent.
Reply 54

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I got the exact same questions as you. She kept on asking me more questions on the examples I gave, so the interview took a little longer.
Reply 55
Hi, I got the exact same questions as you. She kept on asking me more questions on the examples I gave, so the interview took a little longer.

Original post by londoncricket
Same here, she had an accent.

Yeahh her accent was sorta hard to understand since I was already nervous then I had her repeating her questions since apparently I kept beating around the bush and it just panicked me more so yeahh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
She was a lot nicer than I expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
She was a lot nicer than I expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it would be more formal.
Reply 58
Is it just me who found the interview a tad scary? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59