The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths 2014 undergraduate Applicants - firmed

Hey, Just thought I'd start a thread for those of us who have applied and firmed our choice to start as undergraduates at Goldsmiths in 2014 :smile:

maybe just leave a little thing about yourself and we can find out who's doing what and stuff!

Im ellie, 18, from IOW and have firmed my choice for BA Media and Communications, conditional offer of DDM. I haven't been to an offer holder day yet but will be going to the one on the 12th March and am hopefully looking to get into halls of residence (loring hall looks all right?). Im also super excited to move from a village to a city :biggrin: !

:smile: would be nice to hear from anyone else ^^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi my Name is Dega, I'm 19 and I'm from Italy nice to meet you :smile:
I will start BA politics in september ( hopefully)
(edited 10 years ago)
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by zwanz
Hey, Just thought I'd start a thread for those of us who have applied and firmed our choice to start as undergraduates at Goldsmiths in 2014 :smile:

maybe just leave a little thing about yourself and we can find out who's doing what and stuff!

Im ellie, 18, from IOW and have firmed my choice for BA Media and Communications, conditional offer of DDM. I haven't been to an offer holder day yet but will be going to the one on the 12th March and am hopefully looking to get into halls of residence (loring hall looks all right?). Im also super excited to move from a village to a city :biggrin: !

:smile: would be nice to hear from anyone else ^^

My name is also Ellie. I'm also 18 and hopefully going to Goldsmiths in 2014. I'm also looking at Loring! I will be studying Music BMus. Can't wait to be in London. Hope i can get the grades!
Reply 3
Hey I'm Edie, I'm 18 from Sheffield and I've just firmed my offer to study BA Economics, Politics and Public Policy :smile:

I went to an offer holder day last month and LOVED IT! Although I didn't get a proper chance to look around the accommodation though which was a shame.

Really hoping I'll get the grades!
Reply 4
Ahh awesome :biggrin: its cool to see where everyone is coming from, It a bit of a daunting thought moving to a big city! Im going to an offer holder day on the 12th of March ( anyone else?)
Original post by zwanz
Ahh awesome :biggrin: its cool to see where everyone is coming from, It a bit of a daunting thought moving to a big city! Im going to an offer holder day on the 12th of March ( anyone else?)

Is that for unconditional offers?
Reply 6
I'm Mim, 18, from Surrey and I will hopefully be doing BA English with Creative Writing (ABB) in September, I also would like to be in Loring (swear everyone wants to go there?! sounds like the place to be :cool: ) I get quite obsessive over major decisions like this and have been to about 3 open days, 3 walk about tours, 1 interview, 1 lecture and one post offer day - will be going again on the 19th of March for the next post offer day :smile: Have actually fallen in love with the place and it's amazing location, the super friendly people and the creative vibe. However i'm actually quite irrationally nervous, mainly about making friends and what if no one likes me and I don't like anyone and I'm really lonely stuck in a city that eats people.

Jeeze louise I've written too much.
Reply 7
Original post by LittleEllie1
Is that for unconditional offers?

no i don't think so? i only have a conditional offer but am doing a btech so know i can definitely meet the conditions . I think the offer days are based on what subject you do :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by mimmo
I'm Mim, 18, from Surrey and I will hopefully be doing BA English with Creative Writing (ABB) in September, I also would like to be in Loring (swear everyone wants to go there?! sounds like the place to be :cool: ) I get quite obsessive over major decisions like this and have been to about 3 open days, 3 walk about tours, 1 interview, 1 lecture and one post offer day - will be going again on the 19th of March for the next post offer day :smile: Have actually fallen in love with the place and it's amazing location, the super friendly people and the creative vibe. However i'm actually quite irrationally nervous, mainly about making friends and what if no one likes me and I don't like anyone and I'm really lonely stuck in a city that eats people.

Jeeze louise I've written too much.

haha, well you sound like you've done enough research :P I wouldn't worry to much about not making friends, being in a big city, everyone feels the same and will be in the same boat ! :biggrin: I'm glad to hear other people are liking the place ( i haven't actually visited it yet :s-smilie:). I'd say i'm 20 % nervous and 80% super excited!
Original post by zwanz
no i don't think so? i only have a conditional offer but am doing a btech so know i can definitely meet the conditions . I think the offer days are based on what subject you do :smile:

Oh I see! Sounds good :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Dmey
Hi my Name is Dega, I'm 19 and I'm from Italy nice to meet you :smile:
I will start BA politics in september ( hopefully)

Ahh awesome! I think its going to be wicked studying/ living with people from different countries. where I live is mainly all british people over the age of 65 so I am so looking forward to meeting new people from all over! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by zwanz
Ahh awesome! I think its going to be wicked studying/ living with people from different countries. where I live is mainly all british people over the age of 65 so I am so looking forward to meeting new people from all over! :biggrin:

Same here! I've been in London few times already and I love it! It's a melting pot and I look forward to meet new people too! and of course to be a Goldsmiths students :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by zwanz
haha, well you sound like you've done enough research :P I wouldn't worry to much about not making friends, being in a big city, everyone feels the same and will be in the same boat ! :biggrin: I'm glad to hear other people are liking the place ( i haven't actually visited it yet :s-smilie:). I'd say i'm 20 % nervous and 80% super excited!

Aw I just logged in to delete that because I felt like a bit of a mug, but yeah and I agree with your stats completely :')
Hi everyone, I'm Izzi. I'm 17, but will be 18 when the term starts. I will be on the BA Design course. I'm currently living in Florida, and am very excited to make the move to London.
Reply 14
Original post by theforeignone
Hi everyone, I'm Izzi. I'm 17, but will be 18 when the term starts. I will be on the BA Design course. I'm currently living in Florida, and am very excited to make the move to London.

Wow florida thats awesome! it makes me wonder how people are hearing about goldsmiths ( i mean, i know its London and all but it must be a good thing if people from all over know the name right!?)

i bet its going to be a lot colder over here in the uk 0-o
Original post by zwanz
Wow florida thats awesome! it makes me wonder how people are hearing about goldsmiths ( i mean, i know its London and all but it must be a good thing if people from all over know the name right!?)

i bet its going to be a lot colder over here in the uk 0-o

Yeah it's going to be freezing in comparison! Well my parents are both British and I was born in the Channel Islands so England isn't such a foreign land for me, but it's still going to be a culture shock after the US! I really wanted to study in London as it's such a creative city and that's really important to me, so fingers crossed I get the IB scores that I need!
I'm Parmz, 17 from the West Midlands doing psychology ... was a tough decision between that and fine art! So excited to move to London honestly cannot wait! I wanted to go to Loring Hall first but after looking at some threads and stuff I heard Surrey House Annexe was the best? I really loved the Student Castle option but I wanted to be in Halls for the first year :smile:

Also is anyone going tomorrow to the offer holder day? And has anyone received an email with information on what's happening, where to go and the times?
Reply 17
Original post by paintedsorrow
I'm Parmz, 17 from the West Midlands doing psychology ... was a tough decision between that and fine art! So excited to move to London honestly cannot wait! I wanted to go to Loring Hall first but after looking at some threads and stuff I heard Surrey House Annexe was the best? I really loved the Student Castle option but I wanted to be in Halls for the first year :smile:

Also is anyone going tomorrow to the offer holder day? And has anyone received an email with information on what's happening, where to go and the times?

ahh nice one :smile: quite different subjects psychology or fine art? psychology sounds good though, definitely quite a challenging subject! I'm still reading up on all the different halls, they all look pretty good (except batavia mews), (i think loring hall is the biggest though?) and yeah i agree with being in halls for the first year, sounds like a more social experience :smile:

How was the offer holder day? I'm going to the one on the 12th, did you get a good look around :biggrin:?
Reply 18
Hello, I'm Rebecca! I'm twenty, and am originally from the West Midlands, but have spent this last year in France. I've firmed my offer to study the integrated degree in English at Goldsmiths in September, and am so overwhelmingly, perhaps ever-so-slightly irrationally excited to finally be studying after a (somewhat extended) gap year! I was hoping to apply for accommodation at either Loring or Raymont Halls. I've read some really great things about Loring, but Raymont just looks so pretty. Does anyone know when the accommodation applications for 2014/15 will be able to be completed? I've scanned through Goldsmiths' website, but there only seems to be information available for last year's applicants, which isn't really too helpful. I wouldn't like to leave accommodation applications to the very last minute, and end up in some terrible flat on the other side of London...

But yes, this seems a great way to meet/chat with other applicants. It would be nice moving in in September, and actually knowing at least one other person at the university when I arrive!
Original post by rlleigh1
Hello, I'm Rebecca! I'm twenty, and am originally from the West Midlands, but have spent this last year in France. I've firmed my offer to study the integrated degree in English at Goldsmiths in September, and am so overwhelmingly, perhaps ever-so-slightly irrationally excited to finally be studying after a (somewhat extended) gap year! I was hoping to apply for accommodation at either Loring or Raymont Halls. I've read some really great things about Loring, but Raymont just looks so pretty. Does anyone know when the accommodation applications for 2014/15 will be able to be completed? I've scanned through Goldsmiths' website, but there only seems to be information available for last year's applicants, which isn't really too helpful. I wouldn't like to leave accommodation applications to the very last minute, and end up in some terrible flat on the other side of London...

But yes, this seems a great way to meet/chat with other applicants. It would be nice moving in in September, and actually knowing at least one other person at the university when I arrive!

Hiya :smile:
I emailed and was told that at the end of March a date will be released to say when we can apply. I'm also looking at Loring!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending