The Student Room Group

Not on the list but glad to have it.....

Hi, I have a daughter almost through her first year and I thought this list might prove useful. This is just a start, anything you can think of that isn't on the usual lists, please
add.

1. A matress topper. This is certainly worth spending a reasonable amount on as it will
make an enormous and very noticeable difference in comfort.
2. A full length mirror.
3. A small clothes airer for those easily hand washed bits.
4. Easy to remove and leaves no trace sticky pads (we found some in B&Q). They were
to put up coloured panels of lightweight voile which totally changed the look of the
room.
5. Over door hooks. We used them over the wardrobe door and hung a full length mirror
on them.
6. Cushions add comfort and colour. In fact anything that changes the look of your room
will make it less formal and add colour. Just remember, the room will have to, one
day, be returned in the same condition as when you first moved in.

Reply 1
Oh, and a nice thick rug. the flooring found in halls tends to be of the hard wearing and made to last forever kind.
Reply 2
I'm with you on the clothes airer as it can cost a fortune using driers in the launderettes, even if it cuts the drying load a bit everything helps. My son has an ensuite study room and I told him to jump up and down on pants and socks in the shower lol.

Another item is a small throw blanket type thing which they can wrap around themselves if the heating goes dodgy or if they sit chatting in draughty corridors. Fortunately my son's flat is adequately heated so he doesn't need to do this much.
What to take to uni: the super-comprehensive list http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/what_to_take_to_university :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending