The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I just wanted to know if you had tips regarding the time limit, I find it very hard to complete past papers given the set amount of time
Reply 3
does anyone have the june 2013 exam paper ?
Reply 4
Original post by eawilliams
I just wanted to know if you had tips regarding the time limit, I find it very hard to complete past papers given the set amount of time

EXACTLY!!!
Reply 5
I also wanted to know if you had tips regarding the essay structure for buss3 and what to do to get an A regarding technique
Reply 6
Does anyone have any predictions about what might come up? I'm struggling getting my head around everything we need to know for this paper, and the time limit we have! Just feeling swamped!
Reply 7
Original post by eawilliams

The most important task is to allow enough time - at least 40 minutes - to complete the final 34/36 marker.

Dont spend any more than 10 mins on the 10 marker - dont forget, it doesnt require any evaluation. Two good paragraph points will do
Reply 8
Hi, Does anyone have any notes for BUSS3 that i could use for revision I feel like mine are not detailed enough. Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Jim Riley
The most important task is to allow enough time - at least 40 minutes - to complete the final 34/36 marker.

Dont spend any more than 10 mins on the 10 marker - dont forget, it doesnt require any evaluation. Two good paragraph points will do

In that case, do you suggest that actually we attempt the last question first, as it is worth the most marks so is most vital, and then attempt the others?

THANKS
What stage is everyone up to with their revision? I'm still doing notes.
Reply 11
Original post by krisshP
In that case, do you suggest that actually we attempt the last question first, as it is worth the most marks so is most vital, and then attempt the others?

THANKS

Definitely DONT do the 34 market first.

Your answers to the 34 marker can be informed by the answers to Q1,2 &3.

Just make sure you leave enough time for Q4

Jim
Reply 12
how is everyone revising for this exam, exactly? can anyone give me any tips? i'm sure it's obvious but i'm seriously struggling to stick with some kind of method haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jim Riley
Definitely DONT do the 34 market first.

Your answers to the 34 marker can be informed by the answers to Q1,2 &3.

Just make sure you leave enough time for Q4

Jim

Ok THANKS
Original post by lydiavw
how is everyone revising for this exam, exactly? can anyone give me any tips? i'm sure it's obviously but i'm seriously struggling to stick with some kind of method haha

I'm still going over books with notes. I would get as many past papers in as possible before the exam, my plan is to start past papers (I've done a few already) from the 13th onwards.
Reply 15
How important would you say a very clear understanding of a balance sheet is? Sometimes things get called different terms and that could throw me in the exam.
Thanks in advance
Reply 16
Original post by ECBU14
How important would you say a very clear understanding of a balance sheet is? Sometimes things get called different terms and that could throw me in the exam.
Thanks in advance

You won't get a full balance sheet in the BUSS3 case study.

Possibly you'll get an extract from the financial statements, including the balance sheet, which might enable you to calculate some ratios (e.g. current ratio).

It is much more important to be able to interpret the information provided and use this context to help support your answers (the skill of application)

If you want to reinforce your understanding of balance sheets, have a look at this revision presentation:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/revision-presentation-balance-sheet-basics

Jim
Reply 17
Thanks a lot Jim!
Reply 18
Would you advise going for a stucture of 2:1 for Q2/3 or vice versa - e.g 2 for and 1 against argument?? I was just wondering if this would be better, due to the limited amount of time?
For question 2/3 I am looking at doing 1 point "for" and 1 point "against" will this be enough if I use correct logical chain?

Latest

Trending

Trending